Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Oxygen Sensor
Pulse Oxygen Sensor
Hi,

I've just joined and WOW! What an amazing resource and bunch of people. So glad to have found this.

I have an initial question. My doc says that my oxygen levels are still low despite being using the Dreamstation with a full face mask. I have decided to purchase a sensor myself. I was wondering if the CMS 50D1 or 50DL will work with sleepyhead? I know the original 50D works but I understand some of the newer models format their data in a different way.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse Oxygen Sensor
Hi muddywaters,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some product reviews in this section of the forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2016, 04:41 PM)muddywaters Wrote: Hi,

I've just joined and WOW! What an amazing resource and bunch of people. So glad to have found this.

I have an initial question. My doc says that my oxygen levels are still low despite being using the Dreamstation with a full face mask. I have decided to purchase a sensor myself. I was wondering if the CMS 50D1 or 50DL will work with sleepyhead? I know the original 50D works but I understand some of the newer models format their data in a different way.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

My go-to guy on pulse-ox devices is Kevin -- Supplier19. He has answered all of my questions straight up and without hesitation. He has my enthusiastic recommendation.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS50D+ and CMS50E are finger-tip sensors that work with SleepyHead. I prefer the wristwatch style CMS50F, which also works with SleepyHead.

The CMS50DL does not record pulse data, and can not send to a computer. At the current time, SleepyHead also does not support using the Bluetooth on the -W models.

As mentioned above, Kevin at Supplier #19 has been very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great Idea to get your own meter. It helps me a lot. Keep Sleeping...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.