Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter results vs. cpap data
Pulse oximeter results vs. cpap data
I am wearing a pulse oximeter ring that I'm pretty sure is working properly and the O2 readings are very good and I'm confused as my machine data shows many apneas. Does anyone know why there would be this discrepancy and how I can figure out which of them is giving a better indication of how I'm doing? I'm wearing the ring all night and am using my cpap machine. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse oximeter results vs. cpap data
Not all apneas result in O2 desaturations.  Likewise, not all O2 desaturations will result in an apnea event. Additionally, there will be a latency between a lack of O2 intake and the result registering of the event.  This is controlled by the distance from the heart/lungs to the sensor, absorption efficiency of your lungs, arterial blood flow volume, and pulse, to name a few.  

To sum it up, there will not be a direct correlation that you can always use as a guide stick.   Some yes, but not with any degree of certainty.  You need to observe both as it relates to you.  Over time, you will be able to decipher the nuances within your data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant seem to get stable results after 1 yr Mr Pink 8 199 Yesterday, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 103 04-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 269 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 325 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 586 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,692 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,604 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.