Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximetry with Rescan
Pulse oximetry with Rescan
Hello, I recently got a Contec CMS50EA oximeter.  I've been getting respectable scores for my complex apnea with my PR BiPAP Auto SV Advanced but still have nap attacks during the day, and lots of night movement.  Anyhow, I have been able to import the sPO2 data to Oscar, but not Rescan.  Rescan manual makes some reference to a "Reslink" program but I've had no luck in finding such.  Forget any help from the horrid Chinglish "User's Guide" for the Contec.  I can get pages of data from it but no help with interpretations.  I'd probably naively hoped the Resmed path might be more understandable.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse oximetry with Rescan
Resscan will only import the Resmed Oxymetric data from the resmed solution. No way to get the Contec data into Resscan
Post Reply Post Reply
To the best of my knowledge, ResScan only accepts oximetry data from the ResMed Oximeter Attachment, which plugs in below the SD card slot, and usually costs nearly $1000.

I'm glad that you are able to import the data in OSCAR, at least.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all who answered. That saves me from my usual angst and wasted time assuming I just don't understand the instructions. But why couldn't ResMed just say that clearly in their guide?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2020, 07:39 PM)jmayer180 Wrote: ...  But why couldn't ResMed just say that clearly in their guide?

Because Resmed don't want to acknowledge that there are alternatives to their highly over-priced stuff. Same way you'll never see Apple mentioning other brands (except in lawsuits).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 154 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 547 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,809 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 992 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.