Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse rate during REM Sleep
RE: Pulse rate during REM Sleep
I beleive that most wellue/viatom/lookee devices report samples every 4 seconds (which is what my SleepU used - presumably the same as your device). The CheckMe O2 Max is different - it reports samples every 2 seconds and has longer battery life. (Note that there are multiple CheckMe versions - CheckMe O2, CheckMe O2 Max, CheckMe O2 Pod, and CheckMe O2 Pro).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CheckMe O2 Max, but the sensor is too tight compared to the SnoreO2. I cut the webbing out of the sensor, which helps, but it's still a bit tight. Unfortunately, they changed the interface on the CheckMe, so the SnoreO2 sensor won't work with the CheckMe.

I guess I'll have to live with the tight sensor for a few nights, until I see the erratic pulse again.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you just use a different finger on which the sensor fits more comfortably?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it might fit the ring finger more comfortably, but the perfusion won't be as good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a couple of nights with the CheckMe O2 Max, although neither is a great sample. The first night I forgot to turn on the O2 machine, so I spent a bit of time under 90%, but the pulse seemed stable, except for the one spike. The second night I tore the mask off after a couple of obstructive events, I'm not sure if this was a mask issue, I was without oxygen from 3:40 to 6:30 on this night. The pulse was a little spikey on this night, but not too bad. I'm surprised there is not a stronger relationship between the low SPO2 and the pulse spikes, there is some, but not what I would expect.

You can tell I love to sleep without the machine.  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The clocks aren't synchronized either, but there seems to be good correlation between obstructive events and O2 desaturation once clock skew is taken in to account. A couple of spikes close together it looks like. Could be artifacts or real. I'm not sure how much smoothing is applied to the pulse rate by the device though...
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the clock last night when I snuck the O2 Max into my sleep study.

I wonder if I need oxygen? LOL.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 102 Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 118 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.