Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PulseOx cyclicality
PulseOx cyclicality
So, I started using a pulseox (Wellue checkme) during sleep the other night, and in deep sleep, there is a very clear cyclicality to the readings with a frequency of about one minute (I was typically 90-95). Pulse rate appears to be inversely related. I don't understand why this is. It appears to be a real effect since pulse varies as well, but I can't come up with a simple reason for variations over a minute. Is it an artifact of the measurement? if not, can anybody explain?

FWIW, I've noticed a similar pattern when I've used oximeters at very high altitude. I always assumed it had something to do with the device.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PulseOx cyclicality
not much info to go on. best if you post some OSCAR screenshots of the cpap & oximeter data. meanwhile a stab in the dark: 'cyclicality' sounds similar to 'periodicity'. periodic limb movement can increase respiration rate & I assume affect O2. comparing 02 readings with cpap flow rate might be instructive.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PulseOx cyclicality
You are probably using the Checkme Browser Pro​ app for your primary analysis. Can you provide any screenshots to demonstrate what you are describing?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Contec CMS60C PulseOx time sync question Richard-KW 8 4,459 11-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Richard-KW

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.