Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PurSome Ruby Red Chin Strap by Care Fusion discontinued?
I was told by a favorite online vendor that the Ruby Red chinstrap was being discontinued. Some vendors still carry it. I wrote an email to Care Fusion directly but no answer yet. Does anyone have any information on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
I hope it hasn't been discontinued, it will be interesting to hear what you find out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2014, 03:26 PM)Lukie Wrote: I was told by a favorite online vendor that the Ruby Red chinstrap was being discontinued. Some vendors still carry it. I wrote an email to Care Fusion directly but no answer yet. Does anyone have any information on this?

I don't know if I use the same one that you do but I just got one last Thursday. Does yours have the adjustable tab on the top and in the back with the cup for your chin?
Post Reply Post Reply

I couldn't find it listed on their website. A search of their site for Ruby got nothing. A search for "chin strap" got a result for a PureSom Headgear/Chinstrap. It would be a shame if they did because it is very popular.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
the Tiara Topaz chin strap that has been discontinued but I can't find where any of the others are being discontinued.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2014, 05:39 PM)me50 Wrote: the Tiara Topaz chin strap that has been discontinued but I can't find where any of the others are being discontinued.

I tried to order it from everyone's favorite CPAP online dealer and they said it was discontinued. I got a look alike from amazon and it is okay but a bit flimsy. Im not sure it will hold up to washing. I ordered a PurSom Ruby Red extra large from another outlet and hopefully I will get the real deal. I'll let you know. I wrote an email to Care Fusion but they have not gotten back to me yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-20-2014, 09:18 PM)Lukie Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 05:39 PM)me50 Wrote: the Tiara Topaz chin strap that has been discontinued but I can't find where any of the others are being discontinued.

I tried to order it from everyone's favorite CPAP online dealer and they said it was discontinued. I got a look alike from amazon and it is okay but a bit flimsy. Im not sure it will hold up to washing. I ordered a PurSom Ruby Red extra large from another outlet and hopefully I will get the real deal. I'll let you know. I wrote an email to Care Fusion but they have not gotten back to me yet.

if you look in product review, I posted a photo of the one that I use. not sure if it is the one you use. I hope they don't discontinue it and wouldn't understand if they did b/c it sells and has to make a profit. Maybe they are bringing out an updated one. I searched the internet and didn't see that it was discontinued so I dunno.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered an adjustable Ruby Red chin strap from [link removed] last Friday. It's on it's way. They also have the original non-adjustable in stock.

----
In the future, please use our Supplier's List to refer to online suppliers. In this case, you would have said Supplier #1. Please take the time to re-read the rules. The link to the Rules and the Suppliers List is at the top of every page. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dietzes, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks
(01-21-2014, 07:03 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Dietzes, WELCOME! to the forum.!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical collar and Chin Strap st8800 4 134 06-20-2017, 07:56 AM
Last Post: st8800
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 14 1,043 05-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Need nasal mask and chin strap recommendations please NadiaK 9 454 05-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bbigh1t
  Chin Strap with beard jsielke 13 472 05-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Chin Strap or Cervical Collar??? dhackle2000 11 484 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: chill
  Soft cervical collar: a tip for mouth breathing and chin tucking Visitor 51 6,351 04-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Mask seal leak. home health care mikeinthecountry344 0 244 03-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Last Post: mikeinthecountry344