Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PurSome Ruby Red Chin Strap by Care Fusion discontinued?
RE: PurSome Ruby Red Chin Strap by Care Fusion discontinued?
I'm now using the ruby-style adjustable chinstrap from supplier no. 1 (their private-label product) after my PureSom Ruby chinstrap became worn out. It seems similar, but the fabric is more lightweight and stretchier. It works, but I have to wonder how long it will last.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have a look alike ruby I got from Amazon but it is not care fusion and made from a flimsy fabric. I think many vendors are coming up with cheap substitutes. Now I just ordered what I hope will be the real deal pursome ruby red chin strap by care fusion from another vendor. I am still waiting for Care Fusion to answer my email about their discontinuing this product.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 07:10 PM)Lukie Wrote: Yes, I have a look alike ruby I got from Amazon but it is not care fusion and made from a flimsy fabric. I think many vendors are coming up with cheap substitutes. Now I just ordered what I hope will be the real deal pursome ruby red chin strap by care fusion from another vendor. I am still waiting for Care Fusion to answer my email about their discontinuing this product.

hope they respond to you. I called them in early December to ask a question about the chin strap I got from the sleep lab and they never called me back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bet if you were a DME, you'd probably hear back right away. It seems like Some of these venders are more interested in the DMEs than the patients. Hopefully, you will hear something.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Care Fusion is still making the PureSom Ruby Red chin strap. cpapdotcom is selling their own knock off and the person I chatted with was misinformed. So don't order it from them unless you want their knockoff. Sorry to use the name of the .com company but I can't find the thread that lists the name of all the providers by number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 05:18 PM)Lukie Wrote: Sorry to use the name of the .com company but I can't find the thread that lists the name of all the providers by number.

are or were you looking for the supplier list? if so, it is at the top of the page
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. In other words supplier number one now sells a knock off version of Care Fusion Ruby Red chin strap so buyer beware.
Post Reply Post Reply
PureSom Ruby Adjustable Chin Strap $29.99

Recently, I got the above chinstrap from Supplier #10 with some other stuff

Its the best chinstrap that I've used, lightweight and does the job perfectly and 95P leak is in single digit, highly recommended

The instruction note that the chinstrap to be worn under the mask but I do the opposite as it does keep the mask in place if worn over the mask
There is no right way or wrong way ... just whatever makes you happy

Plus the chinstrap "made in USA" ... my Australian money goes to support the American economy is some small way Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 07:23 PM)zonk Wrote: Plus the chinstrap "made in USA" ... my Australian money goes to support the American economy is some small way Coffee

Yes. And our Chinese creditors appreciate it very much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 595 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,100 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,170 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.