Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Purchase Made [Resmed A10]
Purchase Made [Resmed A10]
Previously (2007 & 2011) my dealings with DME suppliers has been through my insurance and Apria. I only recently chose to try Lincare as an option. My Dr.'s P.A. faxed the order to Lincare on Monday. I called yesterday and they said they don't have it. I called my Medicare Advantage insurance company today, who called Lincare, and they too were told they didn't have it. I also asked my insurance if they required me to rent/lease the machine since I've used one for over 11-years. They said it depended on the contract they have with the supplier. I took that to mean she either didn't know or didn't want to say. I'm not very patient with that sort of thing and I had planned on having a backup plan anyway, so, I ordered a new ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet CPAP with Humidifier and both the Slimline and Climateline tubing from Supplier #2. VERY different experience indeed. The gal I spoke with was very nice and took the time to answer all of my questions completely. I did not expect the machine to ship until Monday, and that it would go UPS ground (5-7 days). She was able to get it to UPS today and send it 3-day so it will arrive Wednesday instead of possibly much later. Moreover, they didn't charge me for the upgraded shipping! I don't know if it's just how they do things, but I'm very pleased with how they've handled this purchase, especially given how the others act. I just wanted to say something positive about someone who didn't have to do anything extra and did anyway.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purchase Made
anonEmouse2004

Last year I tried to get a new cpap machine through insurance because my deductible was met. It turns out that I could only rent to own. There was no way I could buy one as much as I tried. I thought that with my deductible being met I would get it for free. Also, if the company I work for changes to another insurance company, I would have to start all over with the rent to own. The insurance companies, I believe want you to go out and buy your own which in my case is the cheaper way to go.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Familiar story. I've had similar dealings with employers and insurance companies. I worked for a company who changed purchased their policies in August. The insurance calendar year is 1/1 - 12/31 unless the employer changes companies then the deductible starts over again. Employers might even save a little money by working with the insurance companies by setting their renewal dates midway through the year. I'm not a fan of such practices, so I am glad to be able to say something positive as I was this time. Nice to be able to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was very fortunate, my primary care physician scheduled a home sleep study for me. That indicated my continued need for cpap treatment. Sense I have been using cpap treatment for many years and I just needed a new machine, he listened to the choice I had made with the wisdom of the people in this forum guiding me through this challenge. He made sure I got the machine I needed, and he gave me a copy of the study and the prescription for my records. I am fortunate that my insurance paid 90% straight purchase, no rent or lease. Thanks to the people in this forum for all your help and support
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 117 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,670 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 397 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,077 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 634 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  [Equipment] Where can I purchase a DreamStation Go? jamesjcrowley 2 554 06-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Made a few tweaks , trying to analyze FordGuy84 0 401 06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: FordGuy84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.