Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Purchasing APAP machine online
Purchasing APAP machine online
I am just beginning to seriously consider purchasing either a new open box, or gently used Auto CPAP machine probably from Supplier #2 which as you know is based in the US. I am in Canada but can have it shipped and pick it up in the US.

My question is this; can I use my prescription for straight CPAP from my sleep doc to purchase an Auto CPAP machine of my choosing? I'm thinking if I do this it would probably be the RemStar 560 as it's an older generation that's currently relatively cheap and highly regarded by it's users in addition to having all necessary functions.

My purchase would mostly be out of pocket as my private insurance is almost exhausted with less than a balance of $60 available to me.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purchasing APAP machine online
Any CPAP prescription will be accepted for an Auto CPAP. I think it's great to have a backup, and you will like the APAP for primary use. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not know that! Apnea Board people are so helpful. Smile

(06-13-2016, 08:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Any CPAP prescription will be accepted for an Auto CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought from #2. They will likely set the machine to CPAP mode to what's written on your Rx.
Of course, you can change modes and set a range. #2 also ships internationally. You could have it shipped to Canada -- unless there's some customs/import duty I don't know about.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, any cpap prescription will work for an auto-cpap prescription for online retailers. Not necessarily so for brick-and-mortar stores. Many posters have reported that their local supplier will only provide what is exactly on the prescription EVEN IF the doc includes a RANGE of pressure settings!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2016, 09:41 AM)justMongo Wrote: #2 also ships internationally. You could have it shipped to Canada -- unless there's some customs/import duty I don't know about.

I know they ship internationally but I am just trying to cut down on the cost as shipping will cost more and there could be duty as well, so if I decide to pull the plug I'll time it for one of my trips into the US.

Good to know I can get an APAP with my CPAP script.

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on where you live, you might also find a good selection on Craigslist. It seems that a lot of people get one on insurance, decide they hate it, and sell it on Craigslist. I had no compliance requirements for my insurance (private, through work). Or perhaps they are just getting them to re-sell and make some money. It takes all kinds. Some will ask for the moon in terms of price, but if you keep watching there are reasonable sellers of near new machines. And if you keep watching... I got an S9 Autoset for $100. With 11K hours it was not gently used, but has enough life left it in to serve as a backup machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought that same machine online from Supplier #2, excellent service, arrived here in under a week, machine was like new with very low hours and I now use it instead of my new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently purchased my 2nd gently used machine [PR DS560 Auto] from Supplier #2 and once again the service was outstanding, the machine had unbelievably low usage hours on the clock [51 hours]...arrived to my door in just over a week from the USA for a touch over $600 Australian Dollars including overseas postage for what was virtually a new machine...amazing value.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 428 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.