Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wait Time for ResMed Equipment Replacement
Wait Time for ResMed Equipment Replacement
My doctor ordered a replacement for my ResMed ASV machine about 2 months ago.  Haven't heard anything yet.  Does anyone know what the wait time is for receiving a replacement, using my insurance.  My usual supply DME is Lyncare.  

I realize that with Phillips undergoing a recall, and the nationwide supply issues, it is going to be a real ordeal.  But i really hate to pay $4,300 cash for a replacement.  I am sort of gagging on that price.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wait Time for ResMed Equipment Replacement
You may need to make a pest of yourself with the supplier. Squeaky wheel gets the ASV. There are clearly machines available, or you would not see them from other online suppliers. If it has been 2-months, your order may be stuck on some technicality or information need that you can expedite. Keep calling, and for extra leverage, have your doctor's office call and remind them they order this prescription two months ago.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have probably been placed in a cue depending on how bad you need the machine. If it was failed I imagine they would get you one quickly, if it is just getting a bit old with long run time hours but still working you might have to wait longer.

Depending on what the case is and what they know you might be able to speed up that process by claiming things are worse than they are. Like Sleeprider says the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Post Reply Post Reply
We had that happen, waiting several months, and finally managed to get a video appointment with the doctor, and told him the situation. He immediately ordered the machine I asked him to, and wrote STAT on the order. We got the new machine in a few days after that. My experience with the medical supplier we use is that when we do not get the service we ought to, a phone call from the doctor's office remedies the situation.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,816 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.