Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Purchasing external SD card reader
Purchasing external SD card reader
Hi my PC does not have a built in SD card reader. I was wondering if I can just order any usb to sd card reader or do I have to get a specific one as to not mess up my data? Thank you guys in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purchasing external SD card reader
I bought Transcend adaptor to SC-card -> USB conventer. It costed about 10,- €. My customer experience is that it suitable and easy to use. I think that you can find those similair computer stuff at any computer store.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing to be careful of is that many external card readers (even the "better" ones) do not have the sensor to read the write-protect tab. So if this is an issue for you, check it out first. From a cpap point of view it is critical if you have a Resmed S9 series, not so much for other machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay for sure! I have a resmed airsense 10 autoset. Should I buy a specific one or just one off amazon?

Is this an issue for the resmed airsense 10 autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be OK with the Airsense 10 series. And yes, one from Amazon is likely to be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2020, 08:12 PM)Sleepgains Wrote: Okay for sure! I have a resmed airsense 10 autoset. Should I buy a specific one or just one off amazon?

I have one that is probably about 10 years old and it works fine, whenever I have to use it.

By the way, please fill out your profile with the name of your machine and pressure settings and so forth.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an $8 or so SD card reader from Wal-Mart or Best Buy about 6 months ago. It has a standard SD and micro SD slots and pops into the USB on the PC. IMO you're not going to need any fancier than that.

Mine is made by Insignia and looks like this:
[Image: sOmW2VM.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a $3 one off ebay and it died in about 4 months but the next $ 3 one I bought 
has been doing fine for about 3 years.  At first when my first SD card reader died I
thought that the SD card was bad till I used another sd card to verify the reader was at fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys for all the replies. I ordered one off amazon just now!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 798 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader jewelsav 13 3,582 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: gaharv00
  Purchasing a Used CPAP Machine Dangers? upsman 10 1,871 01-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
Question What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S mb635 6 962 10-27-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.