Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pure virtual function called [ResScan]
Pure virtual function called [ResScan]
I recently downloaded 31302_ResScan_5.9.zip from the link provided in the email and installed the program.

When I try to open ResScan I receive the message "Pure virtual function called" and the program will not open. 

I have downloaded the zip file twice and re-installed the program but with the same message each time.

Please advise how I can rectify this error and run ResScan.

Thank you in advance,

Neilg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pure virtual function called
This is not something I am particularly smart about, but usually a pure virtual function call error is related to your update version of Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 updates. You can download the updates from Microsoft here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5555
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
View post #12 from Crimson Nape on this thread...

CLICK HERE
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi Neilg!

My  system is Win7, I  have the same problem.
I tryed right-click the ResScan icon” on desktop, select properties——‘Troubleshoot compatibility“the option of ”Windows XP(Service Pack 3)——OK”,It's works. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 10:23 AM)yetilg Wrote: hi Neilg!

My  system is Win7, I  have the same problem.
I tryed right-click the ResScan icon” on desktop, select properties——‘Troubleshoot compatibility“the option of ”Windows XP(Service Pack 3)——OK”,It's works. 

I just loaded a fresh Rescan 6.0 and ran into the username/password issue. I followed SuperSleepers suggestion and re-installed Rescan 5.9 and ran into the dreaded "pure virtual function call error", I updated my Visual C++ files and it did no good. So in desperation I followed yetlig's right-click the ResScan icon” on desktop, select properties——‘Troubleshoot compatibility“the option of ”Windows XP(Service Pack 3), it worked for me too.

Thanks
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had the same problem after installing the ResScan software. After some checks I noticed that my F-Secure protection was blocking the software. After removal and restart the Resscan software it worked perfectly. I am still investigating which setting in F-Secure is causing the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I give up!*!*!*!*
I've uninstalled ResScan v6, reinstalled it, reinstalled v5.8, uninstalled it, updated the C++ runtime libraries x64 and x86, have versions 2017, 2013, 2008, 2005, run numerous system checks sfc, etc., etc.
Running Win10-1809 Home, MS Defender and Malwarebytes. Even stopped MB. 

The weird part is that both 5.8 and 6.0 has run, but now won't.

I've just flat run out of ideas to try. Guess I'll have to wait for 6.1 or whatever.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things.
1. Try running in the Compatibility mode. Try Win7 or WinXP.
2. Move ResScan out to its own directory on the C:\ drive.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, here is the problem.  Dont-know Somewhere in this file has to be the answer, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Attached Files
.txt   ResScan Hang Report.txt (Size: 207.71 KB / Downloads: 50)
Post Reply Post Reply
Is anyone running any version of ResScan? I've tried everything over the last few hours. According to M$

"Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...n-visual-c

(I know OSCAR is better but as an IT techie I can't ignore this. Smile )
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,614 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.