Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pure virtual function called [ResScan]
RE: Pure virtual function called [ResScan]
Anyone found an other solution to this problem?

Since update W10 to V1903 I also have this error problem.
- de-installed version 6.01
- installed version 5.9
 -did the comptability check xp pack 3

still the same "pure virtual ..." error
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that ResScan was written with MSVC 2015. Here is a link to most of the Visual C Redistributable Downloads. If you are running Win10-64, I recommend that you install both 32 and 64 bit versions. Then try Win7 for compatibility.

Link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Downloads
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for replying.

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015

files already installed. re-install them again, but it didnt work ;-(
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to get it work for awhile by creating a new windows profile (account) and logging in under that just to run ResScan but after awhile, that to gave me an error. I think it is some update but just didn't care enough to track it down.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 11:17 AM)AlanE Wrote: I managed to get it work for awhile by creating a new windows profile (account) and logging in under that just to run ResScan but after awhile, that to gave me an error. I think it is some update but just didn't care enough to track it down.

reinstalling all the C++ and going back to windows 10 V1809 didnt help, so I returned to the latest version of W10.

Program still doesnt work under my account, so, I tried your option by creating a new local account. The program works for now, so, been wondering what did you do
with your 'new made account' so rescan-program stops working again ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You might look at the Event Viewer of your main account after ResScan blows up, to see if you spot the missing or offending dll.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 01:16 PM)patjepayer Wrote: reinstalling all the C++ and going back to windows 10 V1809 didnt help, so I returned to the latest version of W10.

Program still doesnt work under my account, so, I tried your option by creating a new local account. The program works for now, so, been wondering what did you do
with your 'new made account' so rescan-program stops working again ?

I run insider builds (Microsoft's way of saying Beta versions) and it's probable that one of those builds or an update, or even something I installed, hosed something. I install a lot of crap. As already said, I don't use ResScan so I gave up trying to find the culprit. Had I the time, I would use the ProcMon tool and run ResScan on a working profile and find out which registry entries it is accessing and what is the difference to those key/values in a profile that is not working. That would take hours at least. The fact that it works on another profile on the same PC tells me it is not a DLL issue. That is unless a registry entry was pointing to the wrong version of a DLL.

Glad to hear you have it working though. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two WIN10 machines. One works just fine.  The other does not,  on the one that does not work,  I had selected a driver (did not read the doc). I have tried to clear out the registry, but still no joy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pure virtual function called [ResScan] --> solution
There appears to be a simple solution to this - use a local account, not an online Microsoft account, even if just for the software.

Full details here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid351146
(I didn't find it - was just able to verify after trying everything else suggested, and verified on two devices)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.