Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Purge some old data in OSCAR
Purge some old data in OSCAR
There was some old data on the SD card from the previous user of my previous machine that got imported into my OSCAR profile; it is clearly delineated and easy to pick out, it's only a couple months, but I'd like for it to disappear; how do I go about doing that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR
One method is to delete the old files from the SD card.  Make a backup copy of the card just in case.  Create a new OSCAR profile, select it, and import the edited data into the new profile.  If everything looks good, continue with the new profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2021, 12:15 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: One method is to delete the old files from the SD card.  Make a backup copy of the card just in case.  Create a new OSCAR profile, select it, and import the edited data into the new profile.  If everything looks good, continue with the new profile.

I don't think my SD card's data matches what's in my OSCAR DB at this point. I think I fully removed the partition at some point and allowed it to be recreated. So at this point in time I'd need to remove it from the DB.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look under the OSCAR_Data\Profiles\your user profile name\backup\machine name and serial number\Datalog\2021 folder. This will hold the various date's raw data, You could exclude the dates you don't want, or weren't using the CPAP, before reimporting them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can create a new profile and import your SD card into the new profile and use it going forward. Your previous profile can be retained for historical purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2021, 12:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you look under the OSCAR_Data\Profiles\your user profile name\backup\machine name and serial number\Datalog\2021 folder.  This will hold the various date's raw data,  You could exclude the dates you don't want, or weren't using the CPAP, before reimporting them.

I should clarify this was DreamStation data; it seems the DATALOG is for ResMed

I went into OSCAR_Data\Profiles\[username]\PRS1_[serial]\Backup\P-SERIES\C0\P0 and deleted all the files with a date modified of the same dates that were not my data, then rebuilt for that machine and it seems to have worked thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion would be to create a new profile and go into Preferences and set the Do Not Import Before date to your starting date

Just in case you discover problems...

For ResMed, deleting early files from the DATALOG folder won't do it properly because there will be old data in the STR.edf file. Setting a Do Not Import Before date will always work. Of course, reformatting the SD card before starting would have been best, but it's possible to clean up anyway.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the bad information. I was basing my answer off your equipment listing in your profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2021, 02:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sorry for the bad information.  I was basing my answer off your equipment listing in your profile.

No problem, it recently changed. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 51 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 654 49 minutes ago
Last Post: StuartC
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 61 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 228 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.