Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Puzzled - new machine exchanged for used one
RE: Puzzled - new machine exchanged for used one
(08-03-2021, 03:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: It is NOT your doctors choice who you use for a DME!  It is your choice.  Call your insurance back, ask to speak with someone higher up and ask for a list of DME's that they have a contact with in your area.
Then start calling around to see who you want to work with.

Also... call that doctor back and demand that they release your medical records to you.  That includes any sleep study you may have had and a copy of your prescription.  This is a HIPPA law.  She/he can't withhold that from you.  

Ask someone from your insurance to intervene for you.

Thank you! I thought so. Medicare has already agreed that this is my right. I guess my next step will be to put my foot down. 
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
What Opal said.

They work for you. Not the other way around.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:38 PM)Caniss Wrote: Thank you! I thought so. Medicare has already agreed that this is my right. I guess my next step will be to put my foot down. 
Cool

Now your on the right path.   Give a Rebel Yell and go after it.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:51 PM)factor Wrote: Now your on the right path.   Give a Rebel Yell and go after it.

On my way! Thanks for all your help!     like
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife received a auto set 10 last yr. Her DME said they were not allowed to give out used machines because of COVID. Seems like a good policy to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have all the signs of the doctor having a financial interest in the DME. That is NEVER good.

Definitely do the above.

Ask your PCP to write an Rx for an APAP, just to speed things along. Then contact your new DME and say you want a ResMed AutoSet for Her ( a regular AutoSet is also fine) Don't accept ANYTHING ELSE.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:56 PM)Nightynite Wrote: My wife received a  auto set 10 last yr. Her DME said they were not allowed to give out used machines because of COVID.   Seems like a good policy to me.

Indeed! This really worried me. Yesterday I had to reschedule my pulmonary function test etc because of covid-like symptoms. They wouldn't let me in after I honestly told them I was having some issues. Can't help but wonder if that machine had anything to do with it. Incubation period fits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:05 PM)Gideon Wrote: You have all the signs of the doctor having a financial interest in the DME.  That is NEVER good.

Definitely do the above.

Ask your PCP to write an Rx for an APAP, just to speed things along.  Then contact your new DME and say you want a ResMed AutoSet for Her ( a regular AutoSet is also fine)  Don't accept ANYTHING ELSE.

Yup. That's how it reads to me too. Already set up with new supplier for a ResMed AutoSet - but it hinges on doctor's reply to them. Insurance verified and everything should be a go. But she has so far only responded to me (portal message) that she really likes this local DME and wants me to let them fix it. I told her I want nothing to do with them and to please allow me to switch to X. Provided her their info......Crickets.
Post Reply Post Reply
the other thing you need to do is to find where your doc is rated, Yelp, whatever and write up a factual review. no need to stretch it.  That should make it a bit harder to find new marks, err I mean patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:28 PM)Gideon Wrote: the other thing you need to do is to find where your doc is rated, Yelp, whatever and write up a factual review. no need to stretch it.  That should make it a bit harder to find new marks, err I mean patients.

She has excellent reviews from others... Will consider bursting that bubble but good doctors are really hard to come by here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,517 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,872 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,346 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,793 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,289 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.