Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Puzzling issues with Oscar
Puzzling issues with Oscar
Hello All,

This is my first post on the Apnea Board, so let's start by describing a bit about myself. I have been using a CPAP device since February and it has made a substantial improvement in my life. I used to wake up tired in the morning, and my brain would be in a deep freeze for many hours. That state would be worse if I slept more hours! Anyway, I now wake up rested, energetic and motivated. My wife noticed the difference from the first week of treatment. Smile 

In July I discovered I could get a lot more data from my Airsense 10 using the Oscar software than the basic information provided by the Resmed MyAir portal. Being the analytic type, I examine my sleep breathing on a daily basis using Oscar. I find the level of data very impressive and useful to get a sense of what happens during sleep. That said I'm encountering some issues and wonder if a file is corrupt or it is Oscar is experiencing teething issues. My recollection is that Oscar worked fine for about a month but I now see many occurrences of incorrect  displayed data on a daily basis.

- On the Daily Page, the AHI number shows a value twice as high. For instance, the correct value should be 2.23 but the AHI value in the orange box shows 4.46. This can be corrected by executing a "Rebuild Data". In fact, I now need to execute a "Rebuild Data" every time I use Oscar.
- On the Daily Page, the Machine Settings are often incorrect. The settings are old settings, now obsolete. Importing data from the SD card will correctly restore the settings but "Rebuild Data" will make them incorrect a
- On the Statistics Page, the "Changes to Prescription Settings" now show incorrect or missing information. Either a single very old machine setting is shown, or a set of more updated information, some correct, some incorrect is shown. My guess this is related to the Machine Settings inconsistencies I noted above.

I suspect a corrupt file is causing some of these issues. Can it be fixed somehow?

Michel
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puzzling issues with Oscar
Bump - can anybody help ZZZ with this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puzzling issues with Oscar
I created a new profile in Oscar since my previous post and uploaded the contents of the SD card (about 5 days of data). Everything has been working normally since with this new profile - haven't needed to do a Rebuild Data. I'll try to recover as much data from July (this is when I started using the SD card and Oscar). Any tips on how to proceed (e.g. do I use the Backup data from the previous profile - or will that also import the issues I've been having)? Also can I somehow import into my new profile the daily notes (Journal) I've been making in Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 235 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 712 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,660 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 689 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 802 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 453 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 992 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.