Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting my CPAP machine into APAP mode
Setting my CPAP machine into APAP mode
Hi,
I have a ResMed s8 ANZ Limited Edition CPAP machine. I know how to get into clinicians mode with the machine but I dont know which function to use to get into Automatic Mode. Could someone please tell me which Clinicians Mode function I use to swith to automatic mode?

Thanks,

Callum.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting my CPAP machine into APAP mode
If it is called the Lightweight, it probably cannot be an APAP.

By the ON/OFF button, what is the name of the machine?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I dug deeper into Google. The "limited edition" is the Aussie/NZ version of the Autoset Spirit. Wow, you got an oldie!

Go here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Scroll down to Section 3. Follow the direction and request the manual for the "Resmed S8 Autoset Spirit". With that, you should be able to figure it all out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
i'm a new member. have been on my s9vpap for 5,6 months. the machine is set to cpap mode. my dr's rx for pressure was originally 25.4/19.6. i am a mouth breather with partial blocked septum. should i change to the auto mode setting? will that change the original rx, and if so, does it matter?
reason i ask is that my mask is fitting better than in the past, owing to a closer shave, and my readings have greatly improved. ai, 3.2 ahi, 9.5 leak 9l/min mv, 5.7 -- not spectacular, but far better than when i started out. i read somewhere that the highest pressure in auto is 20. if i go to auto, what pressure should i enter? apologies for my ignorance, and grateful for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
just learned how to start a new thread. sorry to piggy-back on this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went from CPAP to Auto-Pap (got a new machine, didn't have the option for either/or) I set my upper limit to the highest pressure I need and the lower limit to the pressure I use 95% of the time. I'm not sure if your machine has the ability to do this but that seems to work well for me. I have issues with mouth leak I need to fix, but otherwise I'm good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 89 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.