Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP
QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP
Hi all,
Just wondering if any one tried it the Qtube In -Line muffler, does it work? I am thinking of trying it on a old Philips 50 series Fixed CPAP machine.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP
See link: <Link deleted>
Cheers
Steve

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
The 1st thing I noticed on the link is that it can not be used with a humidification unit.

I also wonder if it will change the cpap machines operation due to the fact that it is filled with foam and it could alter the air feedback.

Personally, I would not use it.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: A way to illustrate an item without an overt commercial link, is to find an image that does not have a DME name on it and just link to the image using [IMG] tags.
In Windows, you right click the image and "copy image location."
Then paste the location between image tags.

[Image: 31I6fdS7fJL.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2016, 07:24 AM)justMongo Wrote: FYI: A way to illustrate an item without an overt commercial link, is to find an image that does not have a DME name on it and just link to the image using [IMG] tags.
In Windows, you right click the image and "copy image location."
Then paste the location between image tags.

[Image: 31I6fdS7fJL.jpg]

Many thanks for showing me how to copy and paste the image.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Q-Tube for over a year and it works great with my HDM Z1A which is kinda loud without it. If you have noise being generated by the hose this will help.

The Q-Tube is not filled with foam, there is foam in the outer chamber, the inner chamber goes straight through. It does not affect the machine's flow or measuring.

It cannot be used after a humidifier because the foam will eventually get wet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, what is your reasoning for wanting to try the Q-Tube?Is it for you or your sleeping partner?

With the Z1 it definitely makes the machine and mask more quiet for both the user and the partner, with a 60 series for instance, the machine itself is pretty quiet, I would think that the noise coming from the mask would bother the partner more and in my experience that's the exhale part of the mask that's causing that so the inline muffler wont help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2016, 02:05 PM)bill-e Wrote: Steve, what is your reasoning for wanting to try the Q-Tube?Is it for you or your sleeping partner?

With the Z1 it definitely makes the machine and mask more quiet for both the user and the partner, with a 60 series for instance, the machine itself is pretty quiet, I would think that the noise coming from the mask would bother the partner more and in my experience that's the exhale part of the mask that's causing that so the inline muffler wont help.

You have been of much help, its for me. Noise goes up the hose from the machine, I am a very light sleeper. I will check it out at a local CPAP shop. many thanks.Smile
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qtube vs Q-Lite muffler HighlandRay 0 196 03-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: HighlandRay
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 399 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 2,078 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Q-lite Muffler to AirMini Mask Adapter Availability?? mcman56 0 884 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 656 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 621 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 514 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.