Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quackdoctor (Therapy Thread)
RE: New member/Machine Problem
First, it would have been nice if your medical team would have ensured you got a more modern machine like the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. The Philips 60 Series BiPAP SVauto has not been in production since 2015, and the algorithm for Resmed seems to have gotten members better, more comfortable therapy due to it faster response and more comfortable pressure transitions. Your current settings are EPAP min 8.0, PS 5.5 to 13.5 and events are primarily hypopnea. You have a relatively low percentage of patient triggered breaths. With central apnea, we have often observed a lower minimum PS works better to allow more spontaneous breathing because there is less CO2 washout and then we see more reserve PS for assisting breaths when needed. It would be interesting to see if efficacy and comfort could be improved with EPAP min 7.0, PS Min 4.0 PS Max 15.0 and max pressure IPAP 25. This gives the machine a greater range of pressure with more reserve PS to address hypopnea.

Please adjust the graphic to give more room to the left column avoiding word wrapping and making room for more information on pressure and respiratory data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quackdoctor (Therapy Thread)
Thanks Sleeprider, I'll give those pressure's a chance and report back. I'm reposting new screen shots. Let me know if there's still a problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is your status with the Philips recall?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've registered my machine with Phillips and on the waiting list for a replacement machine. I check periodically to make sure I haven't been dropped. Phillips claims to complete the process by the end of 2022.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the graphs, I still want to see the left column Daily Sidebar F8, but wider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll try again.  You know how we newbies are.

Post Reply Post Reply
What are all your settings. Is a backup rate set?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry Sleeprider, I don't understand what you're asking. I set my machine to the settings you suggested in an earlier reply. I don't understand "Is a backup rate set?"

"Newbie"
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AutoSV allows setting the patient breaths per minute or BPM (backup rate). Your therapy settings are:
Max pressure
EPAP min
EPAP max
PS min
PS max
BPM
Ti
Flex Type (rise time or BiFlex)
BiFlex Setting or Rise Time setting

To access the settings menu, highlight Setup and press the wheel. https://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one...structions
If you don't have the clinical manual for your PRS1 BiPAP AutoSV you should request one through the setup manuals link at the top of the page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, Sleeprider, I was brain dead last night when I read your post. I slept well with the new settings but, the AHI went up.

Device settings after your recommended changes:

Mode -ASV
Min EPAP -7.00 cmH2O
Max EPAP -9.00 cmH2O
Min IPAP -11.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP -25.00 cmH2O
PS Min -4.00 cmH2O
PS Max -15.00 cmH2O
Auto On -Off
Breath Rate -Auto
Flex Level -2 
Flex Mode -Bi-Flex
Hose Diameter -22mm
Humid. Lvl. -4 
Humid. Mode -Adaptive (System One)
Humidifier Status -Connected
Mask Res. Lock -Off
Mask Resist. -Off
Ramp Pressure -7 cmH2O
Ramp Time -45.00 Minutes
Show AHI -On
Tube Lock -Off

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,195 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.