Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quackdoctor (Therapy Thread)
RE: Quackdoctor (Therapy Thread)
To be preemptive and optimistic at the same time, when you get your new machine, create a new profile in OSCAR and a new SD card. Staying within brands can work, but switching brands can cause odd things to happen in OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, good to know that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I've made a week with my new machine. WOW, what a difference. This ResMed is a pleasure to use, and it works. I'm posting some charts for you guys to analyze.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Forgive me for a little “I told you so”. 
You’ve come a long way from that mess of events you got from the Philips BiPAP AutoSV. 

Now turn off ramp and cut the events again. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=43283]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another good night.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quackdoctor (What is causing this decline in therapy)
I went from doing great to marginal results. The only thing I've noticed is when I exhale, the pressure is higher causing minor leaks in my mask. I'm hoping someone can look at my charts and give me help in getting back on track.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not very easy to interpret, but there are some strong indications of a positional obstruction, i.e. chin tucking or similar. Hypopnea and UA are highly clustered, and tend to be focused in areas that appear to be arousals. The machine is responding with appropriate countermeasures of increased EPAP and pressure support to try to overcome these obstructions, but fails. I think if you're using a soft cervical collar, it may be softening, or if you are not using one, you may want to try it to stabilize the head and neck position to avoid bending and obstructing the airway. I don't recall if we have discussed these clusters in the past, but there is a wiki for that in my signature links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
We haven't discussed it but I will look into it. I made a change in pillows last night but haven't yet downloaded my results to Oscar. I know I'm bad about tucking my chin. I haven't yet tried a soft collar but I will get one and give it a try. Thanks for the guidance. I'll try not to be a pest in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not being a pest. The good news is this can often be fixed once you're aware of it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 61 1,038 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 745 8 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 36 1,011 9 hours ago
Last Post: MaggieL
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 475 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 491 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 808 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,984 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.