Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quantity of Sleep
Quantity of Sleep
Last year the goal for my health was to get good quality sleep. I've accomplished that because for the first time in a long time, I don't feel tired and groggy during the day. I'm not cranky and overall I'm pretty happy. But there was something missing. I felt that I could have more energy. So earlier in the year I made it a goal to not only get quality sleep but increase the quantity of it. Last night was the first night I've ever slept for 8+ hours (well since my teen years). So far so good because I feel great today. Just wanted to share my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quantity of Sleep
Great numbers!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trade you Smile great job!
Post Reply Post Reply
Enviable numbers....Thumbs-up-2
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2016, 11:42 AM)hcubed Wrote: Last night was the first night I've ever slept for 8+ hours (well since my teen years). So far so good because I feel great today. Just wanted to share my experience.

I feel much better on 8+ hours of sleep. I just wish it would happen more often!

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hcubed,
It's great to hear that you had such a good night sleep, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2016, 11:42 AM)hcubed Wrote: Last year the goal for my health was to get good quality sleep. I've accomplished that because for the first time in a long time, I don't feel tired and groggy during the day. I'm not cranky and overall I'm pretty happy. But there was something missing. I felt that I could have more energy. So earlier in the year I made it a goal to not only get quality sleep but increase the quantity of it. Last night was the first night I've ever slept for 8+ hours (well since my teen years). So far so good because I feel great today. Just wanted to share my experience.

When you increased the quantity of sleep, did you simply go to bed earlier or do you have other tips that may benefit forum members? Yesterday I had to get up much earlier to do a favor for a friend. As a result I was tired much earlier in the evening, so I went to bed probably an hour early. My machine this morning said I slept 10 hours and I don't think I've done that since I was much younger. Oddly enough I do have more energy today in completing my household chores. My Mother used to tell me I was in a better mood when I had more sleep. Maybe she was right? Rolleyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:When you increased the quantity of sleep, did you simply go to bed earlier or do you have other tips that may benefit forum members? Yesterday I had to get up much earlier to do a favor for a friend. As a result I was tired much earlier in the evening, so I went to bed probably an hour early. My machine this morning said I slept 10 hours and I don't think I've done that since I was much younger. Oddly enough I do have more energy today in completing my household chores. My Mother used to tell me I was in a better mood when I had more sleep. Maybe she was right? Rolleyes

I try to use the 10-3-2-1-0 rule

10 hours before bed: No more caffeine
3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol
2 hours before bed: No more work
1 hour before bed: No more screen time
0: The number of times you hit the snooze button in the morning
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for sharing your tips on getting better sleep. I am guilty of not following the first one as I do like a single piece of dark chocolate in the evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
The great sleep expert, Dr. William Dement of Stanford University, is very insistent that most Americans simply don't get enough sleep. I suggest that we apneacs should all read his book recalling his medical lifetime in sleep medicine. The book I suggest is: The Promise of Sleep by William C. Dement The book is aimed at the layman and isn't burdened with medical jargon.

As an aside, I am one of those people who really don't get enough sleep. I am a lifelong owl , and though I sleep well with my machine, I simply don't force myself to get to bed early.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.