Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask
RE: Quattro Air full face mask
Great to hear, Brit.

I've been pretty happy with mine overall (~ 4 mo of use). Overall, I'd say it'll be my "go to" mask, but I'm still looking for perfection. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Used a FX Quattro for years but did not like the plastic supports near the eyes. I'm a side sleeper and these irritated my eyes. So when I heard about the Quattro Air I was excited. After a week on it here is my observations.

Very light
only 4 parts
air vent with little noise as compared to the FX that had forceful air blowout at pressures exceeding 10
very comfortable
nice headgear
first 2 nights very successful sleep but after that complications i.e. wake a lot, some leakage, dryness around mouth and nose. These have dissipated but sleeping not great.
As with everything I feel more time is needed for proper evaluation. Bottom line there are definitely good things to say about this mask when compared to the FX. I keep you informed of my weekly progress.

I have only used other masks on my sleep study and every FF mask I was given leaked air into either my eye or down my chin but this mask, the Quattro Air for her is the mask I have been given and I think its a great mask.

Being that i don't have anything else much to compare to, I can't say I have ever felt any claustrophobia for I haven't.
My only problem is that as a mouth breather sometimes I wake up with what feels like a mouth full of cotton.
But I had leakage the first night until i learned how to make it a bit tighter.

Occasionally when I move my head a bit I might get the feel of leakage for a second but i move right back and i am fine, bearing in mind i only sleep on my back so I haven't ever tried it on my sides.
Love the Quattro air (been using it for 4 months). I used the Mirage Quattro for a couple of years, but when I got hold of the Quattro Air, I put the Mirage away.

I'm a side sleeper with a full beard who tosses and turns quite often. The pressure setting on my cpap is 19.6 I have the mask cinched tight, but I am comfortable and have seldom have leaks. For me (and my wife who had to listen to the whistle of the air exiting form the Quatro) it's the next best thing!

I like that the mask is light in weight, and the exhaust vent is well designed. (I could feel the exhaust from the Mirage from 2 feet away!!!

Highly recommended (from this nubee)
Since there are two threads for this mask, I am closing this one. The other one is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...uattro-Air
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 6,887 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 0 357 03-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,238 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,406 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,679 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,176 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed Air TOUCH F20 full-face mask Gooserider 13 5,706 01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.