Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quattro FX Full Face Mask Inquiry
Quattro FX Full Face Mask Inquiry
Do any of you guys have experience with this model?

If so do you like it?

Tips or tricks?

Would/have you switch to another model that you liked better?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX Full Face Mask Inquiry
(04-06-2014, 09:17 PM)Bruno2 Wrote: Do any of you guys have experience with this model?

If so do you like it?

Tips or tricks?

Would/have you switch to another model that you liked better?

I have used this full face mask in all 3 sizes. I found the medium worked best for me but still had an issue with leaks. I have a large head and found that cutting off the strap which goes across the top of the head helped. Still had problems with leaks waking me up.
I have switched to a nasal mask with better results but still problem with leaks. I have now been using a Swift FX nasal cushion mask and have much better success with it than either the full face or nasal mask.
For me, I'm allowed a new mask every 3 months, so that's why I've been trying different styles after reading reviews. So, I think it's just a matter of finding the style that works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the large. Seems like it may be a little too big. When I sleep on my back I have no issues, but when I roll to a side then I have issues. The mask leaks and it becomes hard to exhale due to the machine not knowing when I exhale. Also it is somewhat annoying with the air leaking by my tear ducts. There is a threshold of where the straps are too tight for comfort vs too loose and leaking that I am currently dialing in.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a new CPAP user and have been using this mask for about three weeks. For the first 3-4 days I had multiple leak problems, however, after adjusting the straps, and tightening them down a bit more, I now have very little leak issues. I mostly sleep on my side and haven't had much issue, although I did buy a CPAP pillow on Amazon which probably helps a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum wmjstu53.

Hope you enjoy it and learn as much as I have.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wmjstu53,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you found a mask that is working for you.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am interested in this mask but the word "leak" seems to come up continually when users talk about it. I'm curious though if it's the mask design or if so many keep getting their masks just a little too big (like me). ResMed says if you're on the line between sizes, go smaller. That's so contrary to everything else where-able that people buy. The mask production costs of the masks has to be about $7. I wish they'd all ship like the P10 -- "here's Small Medium and Large, choose the one that works for you because we know you'll be buying many many more in the future".
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the FX for over a year. I have very few leak issues. There is a fine line between tight and too loose with it. Once you find it, it works very well. The head gear is the issue for me. It looses it's "stretchy" too quickly. I buy a new head gear about once a month. Sometimes they last a little longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The FX worked great for me, the only reason I switched to the FitLife is because I was having pressure problems. (eyeballs were getting compressed from behind the socket when the sinuses swelled up back there)

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
The FX is very tricky to get adjusted right, but works great when you find the sweet spot and if you correctly wash the cushion every day. The headgear does stretch out rather quickly. To keep from replacing the headgear as often, I cut a couple of inches out of the middle of each strap and hand-sew the cut ends back together...it doesn't take long to do and makes it so I can get 6 or 7 months out of a headgear. Doing this also allows me to use the medium headgear that comes with the medium mask rather than having to buy a small headgear which is closer to the right size to begin with. The material the headgear is made of holds up really well when cut and hold stitches well also.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.