Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quattro FX Full Face Mask Inquiry
RE: Quattro FX Full Face Mask Inquiry
(04-06-2014, 09:17 PM)Bruno2 Wrote: Do any of you guys have experience with this model?

If so do you like it?

Tips or tricks?

Would/have you switch to another model that you liked better?

(04-10-2014, 09:19 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: To keep from replacing the headgear as often, I cut a couple of inches out of the middle of each strap and hand-sew the cut ends back together...it doesn't take long to do and makes it so I can get 6 or 7 months out of a headgear. Doing this also allows me to use the medium headgear that comes with the medium mask rather than having to buy a small headgear which is closer to the right size to begin with. The material the headgear is made of holds up really well when cut and hold stitches well also.

Hi Bruno2,

The Quattro FX is my current favorite mask. I need a FFM because I mouth breath because my nose doesn't work very well, and the Quattro FX places very little pressure on the bridge of my nose.

Before the Quattro FX my favorite mask was the Mirage Quattro, which I found worked for me only if I used a Gecko gel pad to protect my nose bridge and completely stop leaking around the eyes.

I find it is essential for me to use a mask liner when using the Quattro FX, I use RemZzz, but I am planning to start making my own using a more long-lasting fabric which would not stretch out so fast. For me, the use of a liner completely eliminates mask burping, and what leaks remain are softer and not objectionable to me.

I am not happy with the Quattro FX headgear, however. I was going to suggest getting the headgear one size smaller than the mask size, but jgjones has covered that with a really helpful tip.

I find that I need to wear the headgear straps across my ears rather than where they were designed to go, above the ears. The velcro scratches above my ears unless I route the straps across my ears.

I ordered yesterday from Amazon a new style of headgear to try with the Quatro FX, a headgear which is not made by ResMed. I'll let you know how it works out.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 171 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 136 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,050 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 758 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.