Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro in Australia?
Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro in Australia?
Hi all,

Is there a place in Australia where we can rent a mask before buying it? I'm looking for a comfortable mask before spending $150 to $200 on one.

Thanks!
Emeraude
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro in Australia?
Bump2
I would think the best place to start your local suppliers, some of the larger ones might have some samples for you to try but might charge a fee for cleaning/sterilization of the mask.
Supplier #13 have office locations in Gold Coast, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne and Supplier #22 in Victoria.
Look at ResMed sleepVantage site for outlet locations across Australia.
Once you know the mask and size its much cheaper to buy on ebay or Supplier #2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a pity we couldnt send our masks out as I have an Quattro FX and a Quattro full face sat in my cubard that I just keep as a back-up but if I need a new one I can just phone up and get one sent out.

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 10:08 PM)Emeraude Wrote: Hi all,

Is there a place in Australia where we can rent a mask before buying it? I'm looking for a comfortable mask before spending $150 to $200 on one.

Thanks!
Emeraude

From what I noticed is those that offer mask trials are doing so in the hope of you buying a machine.

When you also take into consideration of the cost of trialing fee's versus actually buying a mask its usually better just to buy a mask.

Its also limited here due to hygiene concerns.

When you do decide on a mask and you check local prices in Australia don't forget to check also with ebay. I just got a brand new Resmed Quattro FX cpap mask for $135.00 inc postage. Cheaper than anything I could find, inc via the USA. And getting anything posted from the USA to Australia is expensive.

BTW: Out of the two versions of quattro masks I recommend the FX version. You don't have the bit pressing on your forehead, its to me more comfortable, and its rated as the quietest resmed mask (measured by the air flow exiting the mask exhaust holes)

Regards,
Sn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,609 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 175 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 369 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,967 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 471 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 480 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,512 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.