Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
RE: Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
(03-24-2012, 05:12 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Mirage Quattro 5Amazing
Mirage Quattro FX 1Thumbs-down-1

I must be on another planet then lol. The FX is an appauling mask its just so uncomfortable and light, leaks like mad. The only good point is the straps which I do like.

The Quattro Full Face in my opinion is the best mask on the market today and if you could poll everyone who has a machine, you will find that around 75% will probably be using this mask. Now I know some will shout that not many on here use it but if your talking figures thats around 0.0001% of the people with a machineWink In the uk I would say that 90% of the people use or own a Quattro. I started with one a few years ago and tried other but nothing comes close to the quattro and I will back the mask everytime as the BEST all-round mask available today!

I agree with you, the Quattro FX is a very nice Full Face Mask, fits like a dream and it does not leak until I put my head on the pillow when it starts to leak pretty bad blowing air in my eyes. It was driving me crazy, fortunately I could get it replaced by the Company I got it from with the Mirage Quattro which is perfect. Fits perfect, stays in place no matter how much a turn my head on the pillow and no leak whatsoever. What a difference for me!
I guess we are all different, our head shape and size is not the same and different masks fit well for different people.
The Mirage Quattro is my perfect mask for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2012, 10:13 AM)tk8530 Wrote: P.S. If you are a "mouth breather" and can't stand a full face mask try taping your mouth closed with silk tape.
Or get a chinstrap
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 06:37 PM)Julius Wrote: I guess we are all different, our head shape and size is not the same and different masks fit well for different people.
The Mirage Quattro is my perfect mask for sure.
I agree mask choice is very personal thing what works for me might be a pain to someone else.
The Activa LT nasal mask and chinstrap works like a dream for me
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Julius

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the FF quattro mirage. Some nights it works well, other nights, not so well. Even if I leave the straps in place, the forehead dial and chin straps too, each night can bring surprises. Why doesn't the same mask setup work well every night? I have an idea that it might be related to diet. Maybe I'm 'shipping around' more water in my body due to too much salt intake on that day. Last night I had to loosen the 'forehead' dial all the way since I felt like there was a boulder sitting there when I got into bed.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 07:27 PM)zonk Wrote: I agree mask choice is very personal thing what works for me might be a pain to someone else.
The Activa LT nasal mask and chinstrap works like a dream for me
Welcome

Zonk, I would love to use nasal mask but when I tried the Mirage FX I always had problem with accidentally open my mouth during sleep. Which chinstrap is the one you use successfully?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2013, 10:15 PM)Julius Wrote: Which chinstrap is the one you use successfully?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdNvMRo3hxd5LWcwuu0NZ...ik8X6J5rXJ]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, unfortunately this is not available in the US
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsdown 
I am very new to, in my case, APAP therapy and am struggling to find a mask that works well for me. I started with a Mirage FX Nasal mask and that actually was working pretty well and I adapted to it pretty quickly. I did notice while reviewing my data (Sleepy Head) that I was snoring more than I thought I should. After doing a bit of research (particularly on this thread) I went back to my local DME supplier and exchanged my Mirage FX for a Mirage Quattro (no FX) and that is what I have been using the last week.

I finally took it off in the middle of the night last night as I could not sleep with all the leaks every time I moved at all or moved my jaw. This particular mask just does not fit me well. I have tried every position on my face, straps tighter, looser, and everything in between and even after this short a time am now dreading having to put the mask on at night. In addition to that, the whole reason I changed, snoring, is actually much worse with the Quattro than it was with the Mirage FX Nasal Mask.

I did sample a Quattro FX but my experience with it was that it pinched the bridge of nose and affected my ability to breath through my nose which is primarily how I breath while sleeping.

Looks like I am going to go back to my Mirage FX Nasal mask as I did get used to that pretty quickly and was actually pretty comfortable with it. I know the Quattro works well for lots of folks but I cannot count myself in that group.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2013, 07:44 AM)mqbeers Wrote: I did notice while reviewing my data (Sleepy Head) that I was snoring more than I thought I should.

Snoring might mean your top end pressure is set too low.

How much are you snoring?

What is your AHI?

Might be a good idea to start a thread in the main forum on this because I really don't think you should be snoring much.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 51,687 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Air Denial Dave 42 55,266 03-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 18,532 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Micro Nasal Mask zonk 3 8,874 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 25 31,540 10-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DOOM_NX
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,609 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,575 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.