Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
5 Quattro FX
4 Mirage Quattro
I have a Mirage Quattro as a backup to my preferred mask which is the Quattro FX.  I get a good seal with both masks and the Quattro FX isn't as big and obtrusive as the Mirage Quattro since it doesn't have the forehead support bar.  For some reason with the Mirage Quattro, it puts too much pressure on the bridge of my nose, no matter what position I dial the forehead support at.  I think it's because the inner more rigid silicone portion of the cushion is narrower at the top on the Mirage Quattro.  The Quattro FX sits mid-bridge and the rigid portion of the silicone cushion is wider on it.  I tried adding a Gecko with the Mirage Quattro, but that induced leaks where the mask transitioned from the Gecko to my face.  I recently purchased a Padacheek Nosebridge Protector and that has helped, so I may give it another shot in the future.  They're both very good masks, but if you get sores on the bridge of your nose from the Mirage Quattro, you might want to give the Quattro FX a try.Bigwink

[Image: quattrofx.jpg][Image: miragequattro.jpg]
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
I agree w/your assessment of the two Quattros. My own opinion is that the extra weight of the Mirage Quattro makes the difference w/the lighter weight Quattro FX weighing less on the bridge of the nose. Just hanging your hose over the head of the bed makes a great difference w/any mask and potential irritation to the bridge of the nose as well as movement caused leaks as we sleep.

Prior to changing to a full face mask I really liked the old Respironics Simplicity simple nasal cushion for the same reasons I like the Quattro FX: light weight, no forehead brace.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with Quattro and got the Quattro FX when it did comes out, both leaked like a sieve and was an expensive mistake to assume that I,m a mouth breather and need a full face mask probably would quit CPAP therapy if stuck with full face masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mirage Quattro 5Amazing
Mirage Quattro FX 1Thumbs-down-1

I must be on another planet then lol. The FX is an appauling mask its just so uncomfortable and light, leaks like mad. The only good point is the straps which I do like.

The Quattro Full Face in my opinion is the best mask on the market today and if you could poll everyone who has a machine, you will find that around 75% will probably be using this mask. Now I know some will shout that not many on here use it but if your talking figures thats around 0.0001% of the people with a machineWink In the uk I would say that 90% of the people use or own a Quattro. I started with one a few years ago and tried other but nothing comes close to the quattro and I will back the mask everytime as the BEST all-round mask available today!
Post Reply Post Reply
If I've learned one thing in 6 months of CPAP therapy, it's that what works best for one person might not work at all for someone else. Thinking-about Here's my ResScan leak stats and graph from last night. Just a typical night for me with the Quattro FX. Way-to-happy Quattro FX works best for me...your results may differ.

[Image: 323LeakStats.jpg]

[Image: 323LeakGraph.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 05:39 PM)b360155 Wrote: If I've learned one thing in 6 months of CPAP therapy, it's that what works best for one person might not work at all for someone else. Thinking-about Here's my ResScan leak stats and graph from last night. Just a typical night for me with the Quattro FX. Way-to-happy Quattro FX works best for me...your results may differ.

absolutely right. every person is built differently and has different sleep habits. the perfect mask for you may not work at all for me and the perfect mask for me may not work at all for you. neither is better or right, neither is bad or wrong. it's just the way it is.

my wife has the quattro fx full face and it works perfect for her. next time around i'm going to get one, hoping it does as well for me, but it may not. i know that going in.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 11:51 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: my wife has the quattro fx full face and it works perfect for her. next time around i'm going to get one, hoping it does as well for me, but it may not. i know that going in.

Greatunclebill:

You might want to check into the CPAP Library one week mask trial program. There's a link to their website in the Supplier section of this Apnea Board site. I used it to demo a Quattro FX in the comfort of my own home for only $14 shipping before determining that I wanted to buy one. Good inexpensive way to determine if the mask may be right for you or not.GoodOne
Post Reply Post Reply
I find size is an issue with the FX
There is no size between M and L and both didn't fit right and kept riding up my nose may be because no forehead dial for support.
Also had a problem with the velcro on the top strap
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 12:47 PM)b360155 Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 11:51 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: my wife has the quattro fx full face and it works perfect for her. next time around i'm going to get one, hoping it does as well for me, but it may not. i know that going in.

Greatunclebill:

You might want to check into the CPAP Library one week mask trial program. There's a link to their website in the Supplier section of this Apnea Board site. I used it to demo a Quattro FX in the comfort of my own home for only $14 shipping before determining that I wanted to buy one. Good inexpensive way to determine if the mask may be right for you or not.GoodOne

i'm pretty sure it'll work. when my wife got hers it came from the dme with 2 extra cushions, no extra charge. it came with a little sizer. on most masks i use a large. on their sizer i showed up as medium. medium is probably right because i tried my wife's small and it seemed small, but seemed like it would just about work. i'm thinking i may have been sized wrong all along unless quattro fx is sized differently than other masks. i do know about cpaplibrary. i'm debating with myself about getting into that. thanks.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday bought a new mask cushion and my supplier suggested to try the new nasal from Respironics for a week at a cost of $50 and if decided to buy the mask would get $40 back (mask just under $300) otherwise its $50.
cpaplibrary is a good way to try a new mask providing they have the mask and you know the size and the 30 days option offered by DME and on line sellers is good as well.
Recently I inquire from ResMed why we don,t have the 30 days mask return from our suppliers down here , they thank for the inquiry and said would pass to the boss.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 51,688 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Air Denial Dave 42 55,267 03-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 18,533 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Micro Nasal Mask zonk 3 8,876 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 25 31,541 10-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DOOM_NX
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,610 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,575 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.