Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New FFM's...anyone tried both?
RE: New FFM's...anyone tried both?
(09-19-2013, 07:14 PM)mdh235 Wrote: The DME is sending me a Quatttro Air to try out in place of my Quattro FX.

I'll let you know what I think about it in a couple of days.

I'm a little concerned reading of leak problems on the Air because that's why I'm looking for a replacement for the FX. Just about every night around 3 a.m. it starts leaking around my cheeks, making enough noise to wake me up. I then either have to tighten the straps to the point of pain to get it to stop, or just take the thing off for the rest of the night. Obviously neither option is a good one.

I guess there's also the Quattro Mirage as a last resort. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep.

BTW, I assume the F&P Simplus isn't for sale in the US, or if it is I can't find anyone selling it. Too bad; it sounds like it's a good mask.

Here is to a good night's sleep for you. I see you are on the west coast; not sure exactly where on the west coast, but, I sometimes wonder if the heat has anything to do with leaks. Just thinking out loud :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2013, 07:14 PM)mdh235 Wrote: The DME is sending me a Quatttro Air to try out in place of my Quattro FX.

I'll let you know what I think about it in a couple of days.

I'm a little concerned reading of leak problems on the Air because that's why I'm looking for a replacement for the FX. Just about every night around 3 a.m. it starts leaking around my cheeks, making enough noise to wake me up. I then either have to tighten the straps to the point of pain to get it to stop, or just take the thing off for the rest of the night. Obviously neither option is a good one.

I'm actually having great luck with the Air vs the FX in terms of leaks. I think it's mainly because of the headgear (the Air goes around your forehead vs the FX wrapping around your head).
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, tried a different (super firm, standard sized vs. my usual medium, queen sized) pillow and tried to stay on the edge when side sleeping last night. Ended up pulling the mask off at some point...I did put it back on, but it hurt the amount of treatment time...and had a red mark on the side of my nose. It is definitely an issue with my wider schnozz and the hard frame of the Quattro Mirage being narrower at that point (above the green clips, in the area where the venting is). The skirt / seal of the Quattro Mirage is good (I'm not getting noticeable leakage) and when it's on, I'm getting good treatment (AHI again in the close to zero range)...but the contact with the side of my nose is annoying at best.

I'm checking to see if the DME has any other bright ideas to help...I've put the bug in my RT's ear about the Quattro Air, but I don't think they usually carry it. At this point I am hoping that this cold breaks soon so I can get back to my Mirage FX.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2013, 09:56 PM)me50 Wrote: Here is to a good night's sleep for you. I see you are on the west coast; not sure exactly where on the west coast, but, I sometimes wonder if the heat has anything to do with leaks. Just thinking out loud :-)

I'm on the coast, so heat's not normally a problem. Funny thing, last night with the FX I didn't have any major leaks at all.

Still looking forward to trying out the Air. Hopefully it will get here today.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are getting in a Quattro Air in my size for me to give a shot... if it is like the Mirage FX I usually run, I expect it to do better on the nose...we'll see, I guess Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.