Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quattro FX ventind
Quattro FX ventind
I'm new to CPAP Therapy (6 weeks) and I've been playing around a bit with masks. The Quattro FX is working well, with a perfect seal, even if it took some time to get used to.

But I'm finding lately that when my System One really kicks in to full therapy, the vent is pretty forceful. Even when I hold my hand away from the flow at a full arms length, it is still pretty strong.

I haven't noticed this with the other two masks I've tried - a nasal pillow and a nasal mask.

Is this normal for the Quattro FX?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX ventind
Hi djzoohelp,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's certainly the case with my Quattro FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes...could probably blow a candle out at 10 feet (not that I've tried).

Quattro FX is my favorite mask, but you had sure better sleep facing away from your bed mate.

I haven't tried it, but the Quattro Air supposedly diffuses the vent stream better (ResMed must have heard some complaints) - problem is, the Quattro Air has a forehead brace. I can't stand forehead braces.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine sure does. I agree about facing AWAY from your bedmate! Otherwise you may blow them off the bed! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the feedback. Good to know it's working normally. My wife has a fluffy blanket that we folded and put between our pillows - works well.

And considering how bizarre I look in the mask already - it's not really a barrier to anything else either. Nudge nudge wink wink.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 363 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  RIP Quattro FX dave1013 5 713 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dave1013
  Mirage Quattro Headgear GidgeMo 0 544 11-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: GidgeMo
  Mirage Quattro Sizes tulip0852 5 926 10-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20 struts 5 6,458 07-31-2020, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Quick question - Quattro Air v F20 DeepBreathing 2 986 01-11-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.