Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Query around clear airway events after switching from a Remstar to an Airsense 10
Query around clear airway events after switching from a Remstar to an Airsense 10
Hi All

I have posted before on this forum with my struggles with mask yanking for the last couple of years on the Philips Remstar. Never really got on with it but I kept going.

Fast forward till a few days ago, I switched out the Remstar because my machine was in the list of those under the recall (Philips Singapore have done absolutely nothing in Singapore other than take my call details Angry ). Enough was enough so I paid for brand new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset out of my own pocket. This was a US import model which is about half the price of a local Singapore set - the only thing that doesn't work is the 4G modem but with OSCAR it's fine. So glad I did - much easier to breathe with and I didn't yank out the mask. I have noticed that the Resmed reports much less events than the Philips but not sure if that is because it's reacting quicker to the events as some people on the forum have indicated. I do feel better after waking up though. Anyways I do have some clear airway events and am wondering whether my minimum pressure of 6.5 is too low or should I decrease the EPR from 2 to 1. My AHI in my sleep study was 16.2. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Query around clear airway events after switching from a Remstar to an Airsense 10
Congratulations on the Resmed!   I prefer to think that the Resmed is more proactive to your events.  The CAs are usually caused by CO2 washout.  These could be a treatment emergent events that will subside as your body adapts.   If this is of a concern, then you could drop your EPR down.   With all I said, nothing is better than seeing your sleep data for a more accurate analysis.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Query around clear airway events after switching from a Remstar to an Airsense 10
Thanks Red, will keep going.

Kicking myself for not switching to Resmed earlier knowing that I struggled with Philips
Post Reply Post Reply
Realised I forgot to add the OSCAR chart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that your new machine is doing a better job of therapy and you have LESS CO2 in your blood - causing some centrals. They will clear up as you get use to the new machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. Your numbers are awesome.

Critically, how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both. Will stick at the same settings.

I am definitely much better than when I was on the RemStar. Am I feeling great ? Not so sure yet since i don't remember what great was (may have been a kid when I felt great) . Fingers crossed and with the help of folks like yourselves I hope to feel great soon. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 329 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 110 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 118 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.