Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Query on higher pressure
RE: Query on higher pressure
Oh, yeah, you're right. I guess I would have lost the bet! Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 12:05 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Oh, yeah, you're right. I guess I would have lost the bet! Sad

ok, pay up, you owe robysue and I ... er, what was it we're taking offa him, robysue?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 09:28 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 07:53 PM)diamaunt Wrote: I think of misinformation as simply 'incorrect information'. perhaps I'm wrong about that.

To me misinformation is something that's created in attempt to lead or mislead people into thinking or doing something.

Hi Sleepster,

Misinformation (which I consider to be merely incorrect information) which happens to be "intentionally meant to mislead" is what I call "disinformation" rather than merely misinformation.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Webster's says that misinformation is information that is incorrect. Does not distinguish between purposeful or accidental false information. Disinformation however is defined as: misinformation that is deliberately disseminated in order to influence or confuse rivals (foreign enemies or business competitors etc.)

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well if you want to know what I think... What's that???? Oh. Ok..... Nevermind.
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning I made an attempt to split off the misinformation discussion in this thread to a new thread in the off topic forum. Couldn't do it though because it's all twisted up with the 95th percentile discussion.

Maybe I'll just take a break and run off somewhere with a dictionary and my college statistics textbook. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 04:34 PM)Sleepster Wrote: This morning I made an attempt to split off the misinformation discussion in this thread to a new thread in the off topic forum. Couldn't do it though because it's all twisted up with the 95th percentile discussion.

Maybe I'll just take a break and run off somewhere with a dictionary and my college statistics textbook. Oh-jeez
I may too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my eyes glazed over reading all of that, so forgive me if I missed something.

I find I feel better if I raise my minimum pressure a bit above where my AHI is essentially zero. I'm guessing that something like UARS, flow limitations, reflux, etc. is happening when I'm in the "just below AHI

I find that most of my centrals seem to happen when my lungs are empty. i.e. I exhale and then don't breathe for a while. My obstructives happen when my lungs are full, i.e. at the end of an inhale. I don't know how common this is.

I'm interested in the Breas data and software. Does it show airflow waveforms? I haven't seen a good writeup on it. Maybe you could start a thread on that, Visitor.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 10:24 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 09:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Huh? So.. Does this mean Visitor's pressure is too high? Or maybe too low? Or maybe it means Visitor should shop around for an English teacher? I'm so confused.

it means that visitors thread got hijacked by someone else asking about their 95% number, without providing any more info, and then ... things wandered.

How does a thread get hijacked when the OP posts once and never returns?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 06:17 PM)mdh235 Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 10:24 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 09:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Huh? So.. Does this mean Visitor's pressure is too high? Or maybe too low? Or maybe it means Visitor should shop around for an English teacher? I'm so confused.

it means that visitors thread got hijacked by someone else asking about their 95% number, without providing any more info, and then ... things wandered.

How does a thread get hijacked when the OP posts once and never returns?
good question. I don't know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,428 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 379 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 352 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie here - do I need higher pressure or BIPAP? her.suit 0 295 12-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.