Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question About EPR with COPD
Question About EPR with COPD
I'm reading and digesting as much as I can about my treatment, and I really appreciate the help this forum has provided.

I have emphysema (not requiring supplemental oxygen) and understand that the correct EPR setting seems to be a critical one. My machine came with default setting of Full-Time EPR and a level of 2cm. All my stats look very good with <.5 AHI on average with only a few CA's. So my treatment seems to be effective, statistically. 

Should I just go with status quo, or try adjust the EPR in any way. I understand this is more of a comfort setting, but also see that it affects the CO2 levels from exhalation. I am as comfortable as I can be with everything set as noted. Any other settings come into play here?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question About EPR with COPD
From what you say it sounds like stay the course is the way to go. If you can post your data from sleepyhead it would help.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 10:42 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: From what you say it sounds like stay the course is the way to go. If you can post your data from sleepyhead it would help.
Hi upsman, welcome to the forum. I agree with Walla Walla, get some SleepyHead data posted as soon as you can, that will definitely help. How long have you used CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 10:51 AM)stanleydean Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:42 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: From what you say it sounds like stay the course is the way to go. If you can post your data from sleepyhead it would help.
 How long have you used CPAP?

I have been using CPAP treatment since 12/2013. I just recently got new machine that is listed in my profile. Previous machine (S9 brick) did not allow adjustments or efficacy. 

I will post up some data in a bit when I figure out how to do it properly.  Bigwink

Hope I did it correctly.
https://imgur.com/a/JrnXL
Post Reply Post Reply
The link at the bottom of this post should help you post data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my data from last night. Thanks for any insight.

https://imgur.com/a/JrnXL
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers are good. If you feel like your breathing OK I'd leave everything the way it is!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 04:19 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The numbers are good. If you feel like your breathing OK I'd leave everything the way it is!

10-4 Walla Walla. 
Thanks for your time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi upsman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 05:46 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi upsman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question COPD & Sleep Apnea - looking for info Hydrangea 2 574 08-01-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is the best machine today for both COPD and Sleep Apnea? BrainFog 6 1,528 02-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does CPap improve asthma and copd? Solar Rays 11 2,791 09-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed S9 VPAP with COPD support for Mom silversnore 2 1,157 04-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Equipment] OSA, then COPD, then Bradycardia, and now add hypoxemia ShaunBlake 9 2,455 02-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Last Post: ajack
  COPD with OSA and obtaining CPAP machine silversnore 9 1,663 11-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Last Post: silversnore

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.