Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question About Swift FX Nasal Pillows
Question About Swift FX Nasal Pillows
I have a Pico nasal mask. I use it with an Airsense 10 Autoset. It makes the bridge of my nose very sore. It also cuts me right between my nose and mustache. It seals well it seems but the pain is almost unbearable. I have considered going to the Swift FX pillows. I need some wisdom on this subject. Are they comfortable, do they leak, will you get fat nostrils? Too-funny Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question About Swift FX Nasal Pillows
I like them but I have trouble keeping the mask secure. The back of the head strap keeps wanting to ride up the back of my head when I'm sleeping. As with the Airfit p10, I occasionally get a sore nose, but leaks are usually minimal. The exhaust air annoys my cat so she moved to a different spot.

I'm a newbie still trying to adjust things. When my nose gets sore, I spend a couple of nights with a Sleepweaver mask. I'd like to make this my go to mask, but when it leaks, it leaks into my eyes, drying them out. I'm getting way fewer leaks, so maybe I'm getting it figured out.

Everybody's face is different, so I certainly expect to have issues along the way. I've been taking advantage of sales online to try out different masks. My DME doesn't have the 30 day try before you buy, so I take advantage of online suppliers who have that option. Expensive? Absolutely. None of what I bought sucks , but I keep hoping for something just a little better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having lived with both, I would suggest the P10 over the FX. There is a lot of info in the product threads.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 12:10 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Having lived with both, I would suggest the P10 over the FX. There is a lot of info in the product threads.

The only thing that concerns me about the 10's is the fact that the headbands are one size fits all and non-adjustable; or so I've been told.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 12:10 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Having lived with both, I would suggest the P10 over the FX. There is a lot of info in the product threads.

I agree. I have both in the house and prefer the P10 to the FX. Much lighter and almost silent. The FX is like having a blow dryer in your mouth compared to almost no air noise with the P10. Many times I have to open my mouth just to make sure that my airwaves are pressurized when using the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 01:00 PM)sptrout Wrote:

I agree. I have both in the house and prefer the P10 to the FX. Much lighter and almost silent. The FX is like having a blow dryer in your mouth compared to almost no air noise with the P10. Many times I have to open my mouth just to make sure that my airwaves are pressurized when using the P10.

But my main concern is that it won't fit. The headband isn't adjustable...or so I've been told.
Post Reply Post Reply
it seems to fit a pretty wide range of heads. my head is smallish with a 21" headband measurement, but i anchor it with my hair which eats up some of the extra elastic. My father who has a *much* larger head (sorry, don't know the measurement - but its larger than average looking) also uses the p10 and really likes it compared to the other masks he has used.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 03:20 PM)rockncountry101 Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 01:00 PM)sptrout Wrote:

But my main concern is that it won't fit. The headband isn't adjustable...or so I've been told.
It does adjust, but not in the normal way. It has one band that splits into two on both sides near the nose piece. You can keep the bands together if desired, or separate them as needed to tighten the fit. I have a large head and do not have a problem. A person with a smaller head should not have a problem either. It is easier than the FX IMO in most cases.
Post Reply Post Reply
My head is approximately 23.5 inches around. Should I be okay?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the Swift FX nasal pillows. I have used the P10 but am having a technical issue at present that has pushed me back to the Swift.

Nasal pillows are great imho. I do have a nasal mask for when a cold makes my nostrils too tender but I get back on the pillows as fast as I can
Make sure you use the right size pillow - They should just go into the nostril, not protrude right in. There are a lot of threads on that topic of how to pick the right size.

The Swift vents do send a column of cool air which is annoying at times. My wife hates it when she gets a blast from it. The back band can ride up if my hair gets a bit long - always the signal I need a haircut - and then the pillows leave the nose with noise and air waking us both. Apart from that its a good mask. I find it very comfortable and sleep well with it.

the P10 has neither of these problems. I am hopeful of sorting the vent blocking my current mask has and going back to it. The straps do stretch, and if you separate them the way the manual says it also makes it easier for larger heads. If you get them from an online supplier some have a return insurance fee you can pay that lets you swap them if they don't fit. If you are one of our USA members then your Medical insurer will probably fit you to see if they work. there are of course other brands and models out there which i have not used but I am sure a quick search will get you someone who has and has commented on them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,782 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 489 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 867 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.