Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question: New Machine - Registration Process with DME
Question: New Machine - Registration Process with DME
My DME-provided machine, has finally arrived today and I would like to know what I need to do to get this machine's Serial Number and Device number registered/associated to my name and visible on AirView, for my doctor.

A little background:
I am currently already using an AirSense 11 which I purchased for myself and have been using it since March 2. My sleep doctor has access to the machine because I provided her with the SN and Device number by calling it in. She could see all the data so I assumed she has registered this device in AirView to have this kind of access.

The new machine's Serial Number, the one that was delivered today, was still not visible to my sleep doctor in AirView. I would have thought my DME (Apria) would register the device in AirView, notified my doctor of this and associated the serial number to me, before shipping it out.

What do I need to do to get my new machine registered? Do I call up my DME (Apria) to give them that info as soon as I begin using the new CPAP? Do I also need to update my sleep doctor with this information so that she has access to it? Or does my DME do all that for me, automatically, without my intervention?
What would happen if two serial numbers were associated to one AirView account? Will pandemonium ensue at the DME and cause a backlash by my insurance?

I could use information specific to Apria Health, since they are my DME.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question: New Machine - Registration Process with DME
Given that Apria misses more than hits you'll probably need to try this process a few times until you get the right person to actually get it working.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... Dave is rather kind in his characterization of Apria...

Short history:
In September I got my sleep dr (the asshat) to agree that my 7-yr-old original A10 with 18,000 hours needed to be replaced. Called around a bunch of places and Apria claimed that they were getting Air11s with only a 4-6 week backorder. I was skeptical, but went for it. On Sept 30 I completed the order.

Heard NOTHING from them until mid-December, when I got a phone call out of the blue from someone who said that the machine would be coming in the next few weeks, and somehow I figured out that it was going to be one of the cheap Chinese knock-offs with no data. I told the guy that I won't sleep on a device unless it has the ability to prove what it was doing when I was asleep, and if they sent me some random crap I'd just send it back. He said that he would make a note that I would only accept an Air11. Big Grin

Heard nothing for another 3 months, until an email arrived March 9th:

Quote:To our valued Apria patient:

Due to a widespread manufacturer shortage of equipment, your recent order could be delayed for a significant amount of time.

While these global supply issues are out of our control, we’re eager to fulfill your order and help ensure you receive the full benefit of your prescribed therapy as quickly as possible. If you have a working device, note that you can still place orders with Apria for replacement supplies by visiting [DME Link Removed] Apria

We appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time and want to reassure you that we are focused on delivering devices as quickly as they become available. We will update you regularly, but if there are any changes in the interim to your order or your insurance coverage, please reach out to your local Apria branch by calling 888-492-7742.

Warm regards,  
Apria Healthcare 

Ok, sounds like "don't hold your breath" is good advice here (that would be central apnea, eh? Grin )

Then last Thursday at 11am my cell phone rings and it's a woman telling me that they have shipped my cpap and I should be getting in on Friday. And then an hour and a half later, an email appears:

Quote:
[Image: 454d4b60-e55e-c105-f080-9aab03916973.png]
[Image: 3168a609-fe6e-1a00-f4ce-20b68423bb1d.png]

You're one step closer to feeling healthier and more rested than ever!

[size=undefined]
Call us at 888-492-7742 if you have any questions aoout your order.
[Image: 213f4acb-1574-a9d6-e07c-e2fd7ca0581e.gif]
GETTING STARTED
Your device is already programed with the settings described in your prescription. You don't need to wait to get started and learn about your new machine and supplies. Visit [DME Link Removed] Apria
 for user guides, tips and helpful videos.
[/size]

[size=undefined]
[img=264x0]https://mcusercontent.com/7523f48b4b17e8370c8551bfa/images/ea9f46fe-291c-13a5-0cdc-720e0f6a0256.png[/img]
MAXIMIZE YOUR THERAPY
Get personalized tips to help you achieve your sleep therapy goals by downloading your device's mobile app or contacting an Apria Sleep Coach. Call us at 877-265-2426 and select option 4.
[/size]

Then Friday at 11am I got another copy of the "Equipment delays" email -- yes, the machine was already on the truck for delivery, and it was on my porch when I got home Friday night, and the shipping label said it had gone out Wednesday.

Then Monday morning I got an automated call from them, which my voicemail picked up:
Quote:[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9)]“Be delayed for a significant amount of time while these global supply issues are out of our control we're eager to fill your order and help ensure you receive the full benefit of your prescribe therapy as quickly as possible if you have a working device note that you can still place orders with Apria for replacement supplies by visiting [DME Link Removed] Apria we appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times and want to reassure you that we are focused on delivering devices as quickly as they become available we will update you regularly but if there any changes in the interim to your order or to your insurance coverage please reach out to your local Apria branch by calling 888-492-7742 thank you and have a nice day…”[/color]
[/font][/size][/color]

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2022, 05:55 PM)cathyf Wrote: Hmmm... Dave is rather kind in his characterization of Apria...

Now there is something you don't hear everyday!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a big debt to Apria and the RT there that setup the ResMed ASV. The RT had to literally guess at settings and it helped solidify my need to question the Apnea Board gurus how to self advocate my therapy. So I was too nice once.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback.
OK, I guess I have to prepare myself for pandemonium in the future. Smile

I updated MyAir App with the new machine and sent my Doctor the new SN and Device ID. Let's see what else my DME will require from me to set this machine up properly to get insurance to pay.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is blood type, adding them to your will, maybe an arm and a leg.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hahaha...oh gawd... -> SarcasticDave94
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Friday Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 497 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Medicare Question - Replacement Machine srlevine1 7 778 04-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  General question for someone just starting on a BIPAP machine 1kworthy 4 857 01-24-2022, 02:51 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  New to CPAP, new to Oscar, starting the learning process redi 0 567 08-18-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: redi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.