Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New DreamWear FFM - conclusions and a question how to proceed with treatment
New DreamWear FFM - conclusions and a question how to proceed with treatment
Hi Guys,

After 2 weeks with the DraemWear FFM, that replaced my Nasal mask , I can conclude the following:

1.      Quality of sleep is much better.
2.      Significant leak that I have with the nasal mask reduced to normal (2.5L/min).
3.      AHI decreased from about 10 to 5 or less as follows:
      a.      Obstructive Apneas – 0.
      b.     Central Apneas – 0.
      c.      Obstructive Hypopneas – about 3/hour.
      d.     Central Hypopneas – about 3/hour.  (it looks like having more of these with the FFM..).
4.      Current settings:
      a.      Pressure – 4-12 (Median reduced from about 9 to 5 cmH2O, P90 is 6.5). 
      b.     softPAP=2 (meaning reducing 2 cmH2O on exhale).

Please advise how I can further improve the treatment. See attached file for more details.

Note 1: Does it make sense to have more central events with the FFM?
Note 2: Not absolutely sure that the PRISMA 20A knows to distinguish between Obstructive and Central Hypopneas but consider it as true for the sake of the discussion,

Thanks,
Arik.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New DreamWear FFM - conclusions and a question how to proceed with treatment
If that was my graph I would look at increasing the minimum pressure to a much higher value say 8 and see if your events drop further as more minimum pressure is needed to treat the Obstructive apnoea, we may need to go even higher but lest try there first
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,016 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.