Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about BLCPAP trigger and cycle settings
Question about BLCPAP trigger and cycle settings
Good day,

Recently changed from the AirSense 10 to the AirCurve 10. Sleeping much better on it. But I have noticed one thing.

On my AirSense, I usually had between 0 and 1 Central Apneas per night. And with my OAs limited to around 2 or 3 a night I was doing well. Generally an AHI of around 0.5. Since changing to the AirCurve and upping my PS to 4 (versus 3 on the AirSense) I have noticed that my Central Apneas have increased even though my IPAP has not gone up from my old settings. Looking at the last week I am seeing small clusters of CAs each evening, totally about 7 or 8 per evening. Not a big concern but since it is different than before I thought I would reach out to the members of this forum.

In the attached OSCAR screenshots you will see that the cluster was very early in my sleep cycle from 2 nights ago. In last night's sleep, they were later in the evening.

I have seen some mention of the Trigger and Cycle settings. Can someone elaborate on them and if changing them from the default of Medium to something else might help bring down my CAs to where they were before.

I do like having my PS at 4, it feels much more comfortable and natural than EPR of 3. And my I:E ratio is 1:20 now which seems better than the 0.8:1 ratio I had on the AirSense w/ EPR 3.

thanks.

s.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about BLCPAP trigger and cycle settings
many vauto users including me set trigger to high or very high to help avoid central apnea.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I would change the trigger to high for a few days and see how that goes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sheepless and OpalRose. Will change trigger to high tonight and will let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success! Thank you. Changing Trigger from Medium to High worked. 0 CAs last night. Good night's sleep w/ only 1 OA and 1 Hypo.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great!  Let's hope that continues.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirCurve 10 Vauto - Trigger Settings MrIvanDrago 1 330 02-08-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Importance of Spont Cycle % SingleH 10 638 01-14-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Trigger in Airsense 10 Autoset Zeitung 3 373 01-06-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,018 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
Question Question on settings on Resmed S9 nbdsv96 1 453 06-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Video Little deep sleep based on sleep cycle Mouchet 3 1,395 04-02-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.