Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about Cheyne-Stoke breathing
RE: Question about Cheyne-Stoke breathing
(08-16-2022, 06:49 AM)TheHu Wrote: Shall i reduce the EPR-Level to 1 ?

I don know how to interpret TV, but just looking at your high Flow limitation, there may a connection. You should try the higher EPR as Gideon suggested. This should lower the FL.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hypopnea are also much higher than the centrals, and I think they are more disturbing to your sleep, so I also recommend your set EPR to 3.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Periodic breathing is very complex and it often responds in ways we don't expect. Sometimes lower or no EPR will resolve a problem, but just as often, we find respiration is improved and events reduced with more EPR or pressure support. It really comes down to whether the events are triggered as obstructive flow limitation or as a central apneic threshold problem. I have not been involved in this thread up to now, but your problems appear to be obstructive with high flow limitation, and higher pressure and EPR look like they should help. I'm going to back Gideon here, and suggest you try his suggestions, and it may also help to get into a much closer look at your respiratory flow to see if this is obstructive flow limitation or apneic threshold that triggers PB and events. I'm pretty sure we're looking at obstruction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you're right, most hypopneas are associated with flow limitations (!?).

What kind of cluster is this?

Ok, try EPR = 3

I'll repost

Thx for your patience, have a nice day  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you can use this Link to view my OSCAR date "live":  Smile

https://sleephq.com/public/c8bc6b18-1202-44ec-803a-bd63cb225231
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll agree with Sleep rider, your breathing pattern appears to be obstructive much more than TECA.

Go for EPR=3, that's what I would do if it was me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots last night (Pressure Fix 10, EPR 3)

The last night was not a good night. 
It was the first time since CPAP therapy began in 2015, that I woke up during sleep and had to go to the bathroom. 
But it could also have been due to the weather, because it was very very humid. 

I'm going to spend another night with the same pressure setting to see if anything positive comes up. 

The second screenshot shows up a series of OAs even though there is no flow limitation at all. Very strange.

My physical condition after this night: Very tired, concentration problems, tingling in my fingers, headache
Post Reply Post Reply
You can watch my last night at (live): https://sleephq.com/public/8f5b7fc6-3146-4b26-935b-036d5b9d181e
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, Screenshots from last night.

I had a lot of OA, but some of them seem to be CA, because there is no associated 
FL shown.

Shall i go on with the settings 10 FIX pressure and EPR = 3 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is classic for obstructive positional apnea. Please read the wikis linked below.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,141 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 100 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 248 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 181 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.