Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about Cheyne-Stoke breathing
RE: Question about Cheyne-Stoke breathing
Thanks for the two infos (links). 
It was really very enlightening to read the two wiki articles. 
I hope this works for me.

I will get a soft neck brace today and test it.

I know that the chances of finding the right neck brace will be hard, but I am confident to find the right one for me.

I will keep you informed about the (hopefully) positive development in terms of SCC.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first day with a soft neck brace

Hmmm, what do you think about this night?

any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Second Night with a soft neck brace.

Massive leaks.

What could have caused these leaks? 

Note: I didn't have a dry mouth after waking up, but I did have slightly inflamed eyelids.

Could it be that despite a neck brace, my chin is folded down and caused the leak?

Post Reply Post Reply
I presume your mask, the diva of all masks, the infamous F30(i) isn't properly adjusted. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcMy7DoEeI and other videos of that channel how to proceed.

(Ist auf deutsch, also auch was für den Österreicher. Die Einstellung der Maske hat schon manchen an den Rand der Verzweiflung getrieben und braucht Nerven wie Drahtseile und eine Engelsgeduld. Vielleicht ist auch https://forum-schlafapnoe.de/threads/all...ost-136492 sowie https://forum-schlafapnoe.de/threads/wie...ost-136462 hilfreich.)

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
NOTE: Sorry, the screenshots were not in English, so i post them again in english.

Second Night with a soft neck brace.

Massive leaks.

What could have caused these leaks? 

Note: I didn't have a dry mouth after waking up, but I did have slightly inflamed eyelids.

Could it be that despite a neck brace, my chin is folded down and caused the leak?

Post Reply Post Reply
Inflamed eyelids may indicate a mask leak near the eyes which can be really irritating.

Adjust mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hu, what size soft cervical collar did you buy? They come in different heights and circumferences.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And again: the mask isn't properly adjusted -- it'll take some time for the F30. (Did you read the links I've posted?) Or the mask has contact with your pillow: always sleep on one side of the pillow such that the mask protrudes the pillow.  Or the mask hasn't the right size.  Or the tube has a hole.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
The dimensions of the collar:

Length: 62 cm / 24,4 inch
Chin height: 9.0 cm / 3,54 inch

The collar has a recess for the larynx, and is slightly rejuvenated in the chin area. 

(Link: ttps://www.amazon.de/Bort-Cervicalstütze-Eco-2-blau/dp/B0041M7DM6/ref=sr_1_9?crid=11NE2HNGAR7A2&keywords=halskrause+mensch&qid=1661169183&sprefix=halskrause%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-9)

I have been wearing the collar for three days now, and I am still clear whether it is the right one for me. 

The length fits,but I'm still a bit undecided about the height. I can still move the chin down 1-2 (0.4-0.78 inch) centimeters. And I'm still looking for the best setting not to get the collar too tight around the neck. 

@mike (multicast)
Yes, I read the links and watched the video. Very revealing. The large leaks do not occur every night, but rather in a rhythm of 2-3 days. I'm trying my best to improve the settings for the F30i as described in the video, but that takes time, as you know. Therefore, I will not try to optimize the F30i at this time to exclude possible further sources of error for the self-experiment with neck brace. 
Auf Deutsch: Die Optimierung der F30i werde ich gerne nach dem Selbstversuch mit der Halskrause durchführen, eins nach dem anderen  Coffee Thinking-about Unsure 

Third Night with a soft neck brace.

Hmm, no big leaks, but the AHI value is greater than yesterday.

Post Reply Post Reply
TheHu, could you zoom into a resolution of 3-minutes so the wave forms are more clearly displayed where the periodic breathing is happening. It would help to see the individual breaths rather than the pattern.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,131 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 100 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 248 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.