Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leak
RE: Mask Leak
But if you look at the full face mask I am still getting leaks
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes you could be leaking a bit. But actually the graph I'm looking at shows pretty darn good numbers at least until, what, about 4:30? If you look at the graph itself and mentally draw a line across from 12 for instance, you are almost always below that line.

Your ahi looks pretty good too.

So is there room for improvement? Yes, but I don't think you need to get too overly concerned about it. Work on the mask fit a bit, and try to insure you aren't leaking from your mouth. But if you were, I suspect you'd be mentioning dry mouth, and you're not.

All in all, I think you're doing well.
Post Reply Post Reply
This very same thing happens to me when my chin strap gets stretched out from use. I have to tighten it and I'm back in business.

Happens to my mask straps, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone was kinda hoping to switch to nasal but going to have to
Do more research I guess
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Just try tightening up your chin strap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2014, 08:11 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Just try tightening up your chin strap.

I Don't use one
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 10:51 AM)Iceracer Wrote: I Don't use one

You can make one out an elastic band, such as an Ace bandage.

You switched from a full face mask to a nasal mask and your leaks increased. If I were you I'd try the chin strap. It's definitely worth a try because it's effective in so many cases like this and it's an easy thing to do.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
So talked to my RT today ,he has been with
Me since the start . Talked to him about nasal mask
And leaking , he said I didn't have problems
Before with mouth breathing so he figured turning up humidity
Would help it's at 72 so how much do I turn it up ? I forgot to ask
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 1 28 44 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 56 5 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 53 11 hours ago
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 80 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 611 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 389 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 536 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.