Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about EPR setting + CPAP Mode
RE: Question about EPR setting + CPAP Mode
Case in point? My OSA is really bad, really, really bad. As in an AHI of 70-90 untreated even today (after both nose and throat surgery), so *I* am thrilled when my daily AHI is 10 or less (can never remember which way to point the " > <" thingys). A few times I have seen a 5 or less, but for me that is rare.

Side note: long-term CPAP has fixed my heart issue (racing at idle) caused by untreated OSA. It took roughly ten years, but then they were not sure if it would ever fix itself or not.

Now, if your untreated OSA is like an AHI of 30-40, then getting less than a '5' is a goal to try to work towards, but please reember, bad random nights do happen.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 01:23 PM)Peter_C Wrote: so *I* am thrilled when my daily AHI is 10 or less (can never remember which way to point the " > <" thingys).
The point always points to the SMALLER of the two numbers.
So you are thrilled when your AHI < 10.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 02:32 PM)robysue Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 01:23 PM)Peter_C Wrote: so *I* am thrilled when my daily AHI is 10 or less (can never remember which way to point the " > <" thingys).
The point always points to the SMALLER of the two numbers.
So you are thrilled when your AHI < 10.

Thanks for trying really~! But that just seems to make my brain boil.

1<10 -- I get this

word > 7 - - makes no sense to me. Stumps me every time and my head hurts...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks robysue.....I have downloaded all the posts from you on this and its now mostly pretty clear.
Everyone has their own way of doing things and your advice seems to be most inline with what i would instinctively done, or thought of once i was clear, at one spot for a week or so and then had time to really figure it out.

As it turns out though, this one and the thread where i posted the screenshots turned out to be redundant and I only needed the one. Smile

edit: The term redundant turned out to be incorrect with regards to my claims of a similar thread. As it turns out, it was brought to my attention by someone with a far better memory than I, that my doctor had initially told me I should be at 13, not 10 and that in fact 14 I think it was, would be ok.
So I dug up my initial prescription and there it was, yes, 13 it was but somehow the DME had set it at 10.
Being that I hadn't any knowledge of how to open and reset it before I purchased the AutoSet, nor any desire to do so, it wasn't me. I never changed it. This was a mistake entirely devoid of any interaction by myself.
Another strike against the doctor I did not like, nor his "company" that sells all the masks, pipes and anything else he can make money from.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,011 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 229 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 223 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 960 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 280 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.