Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: 5Hi
CPAP Pressure: na
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Question about Kaiser Device Options
I am a Kaiser patient with very good DME coverage. My plan gets me a new machine every 5 years at no co-pay as well as masks and supplies on a regular basis. This is a new plan for me as my previous plan with them did not have DME coverage. I have been on CPAP therapy for 10 years and have previously purchased my own equipment. (I currently have a ResMed S9 Auto which works fine.) I went in to the local sleep clinic to take advantage of my new coverage and they gave me a brand new Phillips Respronics RemStar Auto CPAP 560 with humidifier. They had the machine in stock in their "closet" program and gave it to me on the spot without having to go through their supplier. I have not used it yet as I really wanted the new ResMed AirSense 10. The tech told me that ResMed is not on their formulary and that Respronics are the only machines that they give out.

Looking to see if anyone has experience trying to change the machine through Kaiser or is this something that I would have to do on my own? Any input would be appreciated.
02-26-2015 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: Question about Kaiser Device Options
Hi Roup1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
02-26-2015 02:12 PM
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

That's the thing about Kaiser. It gives great coverage within limited options. At least they are giving out the newest auto... the Respironics Auto is a good machine. It has some benefits over the Resmeds - such as better performance if you must use battery power. I have not used one, but my dad has Kaiser and he has the Respironics auto also - although it is a loaner, and is a 550. (He was diagnosed with apnea more than 10 yrs ago but never managed to use his old cpap. Kaiser now has him on "watch" which he needs. He hasn't yet passed the qualification for keeping a machine, as he has a difficult time sleeping for enough hours)

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
02-26-2015 03:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Roup1 Offline

New Members

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: 5Hi
CPAP Pressure: na
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Thanks for the feedback!
02-27-2015 06:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can't Find Device Number (DN) on Back of Machine gamegrrl 5 185 11-14-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl
  Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks? terp1984 14 4,727 10-27-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: outdoor
  UPS options (Power backup for CPAP) machines Hmm888 14 1,648 08-19-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: ve7ltd
  Accurate device for consumers to measure sleep cycles? mikeuva123 3 327 07-24-2016 04:01 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
Question VitalSleep or other dental device, any suggestions kwhenrykerr 3 476 06-05-2016 11:01 PM
Last Post: johnthesleeper
  Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device Dagmar 36 4,586 05-09-2016 03:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyTimes
  Looking for sleep apnea options Species 6 725 04-28-2016 05:27 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred