Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about ResMed Airfit P10
Question about ResMed Airfit P10
Just a quick question: I am using the ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows mask. I have the lavender-colored straps, which I assume are the women's version. These straps are too tight, and I'm considering cutting the straps and attaching some elastic to the straps to make them longer and therefore more comfy. I see on one of the Cpap supply sites that there is also a men's version (blue).

Does the men's version have longer straps?
Probably a dumb question, but I need to know before I start modifying my current straps .... I may go to my DME and ask for the men's strap/mask. When I complained to them the other day of it being too tight, they said it did not come in other sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about ResMed Airfit P10
the only difference is the color, they're the same "one size fits all" :lol:

according to the manual, stretch them to make them looser, split the halves of the strap one on top of the head, one down low to make them looser.

wash in hot water to make tighter.

there's a youtube of it out there, just look for resmed p10 on youtube Smile

also, clean the mesh with hot water and a brush regularly so it doesn't get clogged up. (a video on that on youtube too)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 05:25 PM)Clementine Wrote: Does the men's version have longer straps?
From Supplier #1 (good site for information and tips)
The only difference between the headgear used by theAirFit and AirFit For Her QuickFit is the color. The AirFit For Her headgear is pink and gray while the AirFit headgear is blue and gray. The two headgear are the same length, size and shape.

Check ResMed site for user guides and fitting instruction
Scroll down to bottom of the page for 'Possibly Related Threads..'

Resmed AirFit P10 review thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 05:25 PM)Clementine Wrote: Just a quick question: I am using the ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows mask. I have the lavender-colored straps, which I assume are the women's version. These straps are too tight, and I'm considering cutting the straps and attaching some elastic to the straps to make them longer and therefore more comfy.
. . .

Hi Clementine,
I don't use the p10, but if memory serves me correctly, another member found the non-adjustable straps too loose or too tight, and did a modification to add some velcro, and posted pictures. Maybe someone will remember who did that, and find the post and pictures for you.

Edit: just found the post and pictures . . .
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid70282

Secondly, for those times when you are congested and can't breathe nasally, there is at least one mask that is more like a Scuba mask than a normal CPAP mask. Maybe this would be less of a trigger for your claustrophobia This post shows a picture and a review of the FitLife: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid54402

Good luck with your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a large head and found the straps too tight also. I just put it on and pulled down and stretched the straps out and all seems fine now.
Good luck.
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies.
I did my first weekly cleaning of everything yesterday, and while still drying I stretched those straps like crazy, LOL. It does seem to be a bit looser and I tolerated it for my usual 3 hours or so ..... still not good, I know. The plastic pieces on either side of the nose piece hit my cheekbones --- I guess I have wide cheekbones. Def irritating there.
Post Reply Post Reply
did you split the straps at the back of your head per the fitting video?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 05:40 PM)diamaunt Wrote: also, clean the mesh with hot water and a brush regularly so it doesn't get clogged up. (a video on that on youtube too)

I presume that you meant the mesh over the vent. I am not a P10 user so maybe that makes me easily confused.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, one of the folks on the board here had his p10 clog up completely and stop venting, and had to have a go at the inside vent mesh with hot soapy water and a brush. he said his therapist had heard other reports.

kinda scary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2014, 09:40 AM)diamaunt Wrote: did you split the straps at the back of your head per the fitting video?

Yes, I did. That was helpful. It was a bit looser that way, and I think because of the stretching I did while the straps were still wet. Still, those plastic pieces push on my cheekbones, and I don't know that I can do anything about that other than pad with cotton or something . . .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,188 3 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,576 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,978 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,131 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.