Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about SD card please;
Question about SD card please;
Is the SD card capable of recording more than one month of data? I'm supposed to have three months and there's only one. I scoped it out on Sleepyhead. I'm worried now. I took it back after one month and the DME told me to bring it back right before the next doc visit. I guess I'm lucky to have one month at this point. Any feedback appreciated. DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about SD card please;
The S9s keep 7 days of very detailed data, 30 days of some detailed data, and 365 days of compliance data.

I have a 2gb card in my S9 Autoset and have had it for almost a year. It's got just an itty bitty amount of space used on it.

What data is missing? What kind of data does the supplier need?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 01:52 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Is the SD card capable of recording more than one month of data? I'm supposed to have three months and there's only one. I scoped it out on Sleepyhead. I'm worried now. I took it back after one month and the DME told me to bring it back right before the next doc visit. I guess I'm lucky to have one month at this point. Any feedback appreciated. DJ

It is possible that the RT at the DME place deleted the data. When I took my card in, I made sure to tell them not to delete it. Depending on when you went in with your SD card, the data for some or all of your 2nd month could have been on there and if the RT deleted the data, that is why you don't have 3 months. If you went to the DME right about the time your month was up, I don't know where the 2nd month would have gone. The good thing is that you have 30 days of data that you can print out for your doctor. Hope this helps you some. Maybe you can call your DME and ask them what is going on. You can also request a wireless modem (mine quit working after a few days and I was told it was looking for a cell tower.....it still is after a week lol)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi djjwilly
SD card stores
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*

* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

The S9 stores compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days, every time you insert the card into the S9, the S9 write this data on the card. Detailed and flow data written directly on the card

DME not interested in detailed data (even most doctors), their only concern is getting paid and insurance requirement are met (something like using the machine at least 4 hours a night 70% of the time)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yuppers...and if they are only concerned about compliance, no one will write it into the firmware to keep the detailed or high resolution flow data longer (even though the card has plenty of room for it).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if the supplier deleted the data, it would be re-written the next time you re-inserted the card.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 03:52 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi djjwilly
SD card stores
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*

* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

The S9 stores compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days, every time you insert the card into the S9, the S9 write this data on the card. Detailed and flow data written directly on the card

DME not interested in detailed data (even most doctors), their only concern is getting paid and insurance requirement are met (something like using the machine at least 4 hours a night 70% of the time)

So, since she is supposed to have 90 days of data do I understand you correctly by saying that she should only have 60 days of summary and statistics and 30 days of detailed info with 7 of those days being high resolution flow data on her SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct.

To test this, I'll report back in 7 days. My card went bonkers on my a few mornings ago. The machine didn't want to take it back but it finally did. I got the data from it this morning from those days but when I went to put it back in, it refused. It would only either erase the data or refuse it. So I did a back up of the data on my laptop and let the machine do its thing. (I swear, it's aliens)

I'll make sure I have data on their in the morning. Then in seven days, I'll install SH on my desktop and download the data brand new (vs onto the laptop). I'll let you know what I have.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Correct.

To test this, I'll report back in 7 days. My card went bonkers on my a few mornings ago. The machine didn't want to take it back but it finally did. I got the data from it this morning from those days but when I went to put it back in, it refused. It would only either erase the data or refuse it. So I did a back up of the data on my laptop and let the machine do its thing. (I swear, it's aliens)

I'll make sure I have data on their in the morning. Then in seven days, I'll install SH on my desktop and download the data brand new (vs onto the laptop). I'll let you know what I have.

I created a new patient in sleepy head and imported the data. I got 30 days of data, including the graphs with flow, etc. Nothing prior to the 30 days was available.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 908 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 851 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.