Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The "Woozle" Alternative to Chinstrap for FFM
RE: The "Woozle" Alternative to Chinstrap for FFM
Anyone have any ideas for Nasal Pillow masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
Woozle works great for me. A lot fewer leaks!
I have been able to open my lower jaw enough to break the seal at the bottom of the mask and
the mask rides up making the problem worse.
The woozle prevents all that.

I trip to the hardware store and cloth supply then about 5 minutes construction time.

Just do it.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife knocked one up for me today in about 5 mins flat, she used a piece of soft ribbon and velcro. i gavie a quick test run on the bed and my mask never leaked or moved when I rolled to either side as if I was sleeping. I have memory foam pillow and it used move my mask, but not so with the "woozle" attached.

Thanks  Woozie38 like
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
Update.

It's been 5 days now since fitting the "woozle" to my mask, boy has it made a difference. I am no longer fighting my mask at all hours of the night, trying to stop it from blowing air from the mask on the bridge of my nose and sometimes into the corner of my eyes.
I am also now sleeping 8 - 9 hours a night, prior to the "woozle" I was having the odd 8 or 9 hours sleep but it was fraught with fighting my mask throughout.

Thanks to this Forum and in particular this Thread and solution by Woozie38, I am back to enjoying my Resmed again and sleeping well.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have pictures of their woozle that you could post to the forum?

Looks like previous pics are no longer there.

EDIT: Now they're showing up for me. I'll go ahead and edit the first post to include the pics.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Note: If using your "Woozle" with F&P's Simplus mask, when removing mask, instead of undoing the velco under your chin, simply release the clip of the side strap with the "open" loop. This will save wear on the hooks & eyes of your velcro & it will last much longer. When donning your Simplus mask, just pass the strap with its clip through the "open" loop and fasten the clip back to the mask. - Done.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
My "Woozle" is still working perfectly.

Thanks to Woozie38.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
The Woozle always sounded to me like some new dance step or something...  Too-funny

Sort of like Dick Van Dyke's "The Twizzle"...

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Alternative to CPAP for CSA! benedictc 9 4,120 04-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Apnicure's Winx alternative to cpap DariaVader 6 6,736 02-23-2015, 03:40 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.