Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about an online store not on supplier list
RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list
Not sure this applies to everyone but our (fiance and I) doctors wrote the Rxs for 99 years and we asked for copies. We had different doctors and medical device providers. We were able to get the copies without issue, they belong to the individual and were paid for. I encourage everyone to ask for a copy. If you didn't at the time, not to worry, it isn't to late....you can contact your doctor or medical supplier whom you received your first device from, they should have it on record, because they have to keep prescription and medical records. My fiancé did not get a copy initially from his doctor, he contacted the medical supplier when he bought a couple of supplies to get into the store. This was intentional....sometimes you just have to be a little sweet and spend a little money to get what you need (plus he needed a mask & air filter), they gladly provided a copy with his purchase. Now we didn't advertise to the med supplier what we were doing by no means. We scanned them and saved for later purchases online.  In fact my VA doctor encouraged me to purchase online when my insurance would not cover it initially to save me money. He was not my initial prescriber, but looking out for my best interest.

We have not had any issues with purchasing CPAPs that were not the exact same model as listed on the original Rx. In fact we chose to purchase more current models and he bought a different brand. We have bought two (fiancé and I) and are so glad we updated them.  I went from a RM 9 to 10 and the second machine was much more quiet, smaller, and provided upgraded technology features (e.g. apps). His was a respironics and he was looking at repairing with spare parts. But he decided against it: 1) it wasn't cost effective 2) after he seen how mine has worked over the last 6 mo. he did not see any advantages and didn't want to assume the risk of investing in something older. There was not any added value nor was it something that he loved and could not live without. He had a respironics and switched over to RM. He looked at both used and new with no purchasing issues.

Just food for thought.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information CPAP Supplier List SuperSleeper 1 268,640 07-16-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Add to the list? factor 4 2,853 06-23-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: factor
  supplier # 19 is A1 car54 1 2,965 02-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.