Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low Blood Sugar
RE: Low Blood Sugar
(03-30-2016, 07:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: That is odd that the flow limit isn't limited at all during that mess of events.

It could be false events caused by something else. An event is not flagged unless it happens for 10 seconds or more. The flow rate is our breathing in and breathing out. No breath equals a flat-ish line there. The machine sends out pulses and the "echo" from it determines how wide the airway is (or is not). If the echo is a certain way, then the machine knows it is an obstructive event. If it is another way, it knows it is a central/clear airway event. Basically in a nutshell back of napkin kind of thing. As I understand it, Flow limit is when the flow is choked down and there's a limitation to that flow. Such as a hypopnea or an OA event. If the flow limitation is not there, it could be the machine detected the echo and said "airway is closed" and flagged the event. But the flow rate didn't notice any change. However, that many false events? It could be possible I guess.

Keep in mind, this is how my weird mind understands how all this works. I could be wrong! Just don't ask me to explain how to hold your tongue right or what the heckaroni the minute vent is.

I am wondering if the tremors, sweating, or altered breathing from the Hypoglycemic event could have created something similar to Sleep wake junk? I was hoping another diabetic in the forum would know
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low Blood Sugar
Hypoglycemia can affect breathing, which in turn, results in the machine altering pressures. MOST of the time, my brother's occasional bouts of hypoglycemia make NO DIFFERENCE. Other times, the pressure can be much higher or lower than usual. He does not have apnea, but reduced lung function so results may not compare with yours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of blood pressure medication kemeky 16 1,490 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  blood blisters mouth Jenn84 2 967 12-21-2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jenn84
  Help, red blood cell count up, no energy, long time CPAP user BBX2125 1 705 09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  [Diagnosis] Understanding AHI, blood pressure, pulse, insomnia hollysleep 4 702 07-09-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Does this blood O2 indicate apnea? Khoji 3 837 05-06-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.