Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: Question about billing/insurance
Deej, I'm sorry but you KNOW you should ask all the questions before getting anything. It does not come free. The humidifier is charged separately even though it is integrated because the Airsense is the FIRST integrated machine and there is no code available for that.

You have two options. You can return the machine paying the equivalent rental that you had for use of the machine for 2 months. Then buy one online. OR you can just keep your machine and pay according to their plan. You aren't paying that much more than you would buying it online.

In future, when dealing with DMEs, particularly expensive stuff, make sure you write on the contract and have the manager cosign. State something like "I am to be notified within 30 days that my insurance company has refused coverage. Should this happen, I will return the machine and will only be responsible for contracted rental costs accrued while machine was in my possession." Masks and hoses are personal items and can't be returned, so you will be socked with those costs as well. That's why pre-authorization is so important.
03-31-2016 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry INSURANCE RECORDS: DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW? srlevine1 2 210 10-13-2016 07:01 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Insurance won't pay for power cord? CharlotteYork 5 431 09-17-2016 07:27 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Insurance woes: Who has my "compliance" and "post pap" documentation? luminous 8 1,168 08-15-2016 12:09 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  ASV and Insurance Question rozenbob 15 597 08-06-2016 08:43 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Will insurance cover ziplock lips? FrankNichols 4 431 05-11-2016 03:05 PM
Last Post: forrestc
  [CPAP] Newly diagnosed, need advice about providers and Insurance DEScott 7 562 04-28-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: green wings
Angry [Equipment] I'm having a go round with the DME and the insurance company. Buncha scammers! SpeedyD 6 1,064 11-21-2015 10:34 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958