Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about buying a used Resmed Aircurve bilevel machine?
Question about buying a used Resmed Aircurve bilevel machine?
How do you determine the total hours of usage on a Resmed aircurve 10 bipap machine? Are the "run hours" the accurate total amount of usage or is there another way to determine the total usage? Also any other things or concerns would you look that would be different than in a regular Resmed apap machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about buying a used Resmed Aircurve bilevel machine?
Run Hours are displayed in the About section of the menu, and are not resettable. Run hours are the total of therapy hours for all users including any cool-down or warm-up periods.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best place to buy a used Resmed Bilevel machine?
I've been watching this board lately (I know I missed one last week) but have not seen a Aircurve 10 vauto for sale recently so I was wondering if you were looking for this particular machine, and did not want to pay retail for it, where would you look? Are there any stores online that are trustworthy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best place to buy a used Resmed Bilevel machine?
17WRX, you won't see any machines for sale here on Apnea Board - it is strictly against our rules. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules

Check out our suppliers' list. Supplier #2 is well regarded and often has "gently used" or near new machines at a good price.

FYI I have combined this thread with your other thread about buying a bilevel, to keep everything together.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought an Aircurve 10 VAuto from Supplier #2 this week. $799, and it arrived with 700 run hours. I'm pleased so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
A year ago I also bought an aircurve 10 vauto from Supplier #2 gently used with only 10 run hours on it.  They are a very good company and very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 11:42 PM)17WRX Wrote: I've been watching this board lately (I know I missed one last week) but have not seen a Aircurve 10 vauto for sale recently so I was wondering if you were looking for this particular machine, and did not want to pay retail for it, where would you look? Are there any stores online that are trustworthy?

Beyond the mentions above, the other, cheaper option is craigslist, offerup, facebook marketplace; sometimes ebay.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 09:48 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 11:42 PM)17WRX Wrote: I've been watching this board lately (I know I missed one last week) but have not seen a Aircurve 10 vauto for sale recently so I was wondering if you were looking for this particular machine, and did not want to pay retail for it, where would you look? Are there any stores online that are trustworthy?

Beyond the mentions above, the other, cheaper option is craigslist, offerup, facebook marketplace; sometimes ebay.

Couple other things:

I think if you can get pictures and confirmation of low run hours, risk is relatively low.

I've seen what looked to be excellent condition and low run hour vautos go for $300 and less.

Also, note: on the sites I mention, there are times that people list things they don't really understand. This can cut both ways; sometimes you discover a steal of a vauto listed as something else, and sometimes what seems to be presented as a vauto is actually something else.

But this goes back to my first point: pics will confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 299 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 175 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.