Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about chart in SH
Question about chart in SH
[attachment=571]

See around 16:00 on the mask pressure. Does anyone know why there is a line going down? I have seen this several times and wonder what it means. It wasn't like that when I first put started the CPAP machine for my nap.

Thanks and hope all had a great day.
[attachment=572]

see around 22:36 when I see the same thing but it wasn't after I turned the machine off and then restarted it.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about chart in SH
me50, your mask pressure dropped probably to '0' when you stopped the CPAP for 2 minutes at 15.55 maybe for a toilet break then went back to a fairly consistent 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2013, 08:27 PM)Tez62 Wrote: me50, your mask pressure dropped probably to '0' when you stopped the CPAP for 2 minutes at 15.55 maybe for a toilet break then went back to a fairly consistent 14.

I woke up and decided I wanted to sleep some more lol

So, it only does that when you wake up but not when you first put the mask on to go to sleep initially?

Thanks Tez
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me as if you took the mask off and had not put it back on yet when you hit the button. Or it simply had not yet settled itself in finding the pressure. You probably cannot see the initial one because it is just starting. Zoom all the way in and see if one is there.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2013, 08:36 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It looks to me as if you took the mask off and had not put it back on yet when you hit the button. Or it simply had not yet settled itself in finding the pressure. You probably cannot see the initial one because it is just starting. Zoom all the way in and see if one is there.

That is a good thought, however, I always put the mask on before turning on the machine. See the 2nd chart I posted where it has that line going down and I hadn't turned the machine off and then back on a few minutes later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then it is just the mask pressure "getting up to speed". It has to build up the back pressure. My bet is that the one after 22:36 is right after either a big leak or a yawn or an event. The overall pressure climbed rather high right after it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 503 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 379 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.