Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about cleaning/drying air tube
Question about cleaning/drying air tube
After cleaning the tubing and leaving it hanging to dry, I notice it water still in the tube. I shake it the best I can and hang it up again.

Just wondering how others get the tubes to dry faster? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about cleaning/drying air tube
Use the built-in hose dryer: turn off auto-stop, plug in the hose, let the machine run. Or just don't worry about it. Which is my usual approach.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my approach too.....nothing to worry about.

Shake the hose out best as you can and hang to dry. There will usually be a few drops of water in the hose.

When you turn on the air and put mask on for the night, within a few minutes the air going through the hose drys out the water droplets. If you have a heated hose, it works even faster.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opalrose.

That's that I do.
I clean the hose early in the morning and let the water goes out , hang the hose by one end and don't worry at all about the water drops in the hose, they will go by them self when you star up the machine with out consequences.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RB73,
You can connect your hose and turn on your CPAP machine and let the air run through it for a bit or, I use a product called The Hurricane CPAP dryer and dry my hose, mask, and humidifier tank in it and that works well for me.
You should see it at some of the suppliers listed here on the board.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine first thing in the morning [once every couple of weeks] then hang it loosely over the soap holder rack in the shower to let it drip, any slight water residue that may be in it when I use it that night is not an issue.. the humidifier creates condensation in the tube overnight again anyway.

Washing is more to keep mould and microscopic bugs at bay rather than keeping it sparkling and shiny on the inside of the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
The small amount of residual water can safely be ignored, no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the tube once a week in the morning with a little Dettol. Put it on hanger with both ends down. I never use the blower because I'm afraid it might alter the record on my SD Card. By the time I need to use it about 10 to 12 hours later it is pretty much dry. In fact a little bit of moisture inside is OK if you are using humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine in soap and water weekly and hang it in the shower with both ends hanging down. I don't worry about any moisture that may still be in the tube when I use it. If I'm going to store the hose I use an air mattress inflator I purchased at Walmart. The air mattress inflator is noisy but effective. If drying a heated hose, be careful with the humidity sensor in the mask end of the hose if using an inflator. It could possibly be damaged if the inflator nozzle is inserted too far.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, everyone! Very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,801 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 186 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 475 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 954 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.